New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install (4) aftermarket speakers to replace the ones already located in my stock slots. I downloaded the Audio Install forum, read the directions.. but I'm still nervous.

Ruin the window motor
Disable the locks
Bad Wiring
Ruin the Plastic Clips holding the back Interior

Any advise, tips, pointers, to help me go though with this smoothly? I'd hate to ruin my interior purely because I'm too cheap to take it into the Geek Squad..

·
Registered
500 Posts
dude its simple. the door pannels pop right off with a few screws. and the back pannels also pop out. you would have to actualy be trying to break the back pannels in order to actualy break them. this job takes 30 mins 2 do. and is ez as hell.

·
Registered
775 Posts
yea, dont worry about the speakers, an amateur can wire up the speakers. there's 2 small wires with female clips on it and they pull off the old and re-attatch to the new ones. Hardest thing is actually taking off the panels to get to them. Especiall the rear ones.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
That's if your speakers have that connector on them. Rear speakers in mine have new wire ran and soldered on, fronts I reused the wires in the door and cut the connector off and soldered.

Just make sure to not switch the wires. No harm will be done, but it can have an effect on sound quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts