New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spacers to push out stock rims for biger rubber

I searched for spacers in this forum but didn't find anything on them. So, I'm sorry if this topic has been addressed already.

I was digging through an after market catalogue for BMWs and they had for sale a set of "wheel spacers" which are basically thick metal disks that you bolt on before you put on your rims and they push out the rim by a half inch or so. The idea is it allows you to put on wider tires w/o rubbing. Anything like this for the Cougar, and is there any down side?

Thanks man, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I asked about them a couple months ago. See Thread

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
The oem studs are not long enough to accomodate spacers with seriously compromising the integrity of the studs.

you can do a 225/50 on the stock wheel without rubbing.

I am running 235/35/19 on a 19x8 wheel 40 mm offset

·
Banned
1 Posts
I had BONOSS wheel spacers 20mm on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever.
Maybe you can try what I installed.

They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.
They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts