New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wish to buy your above mentioned products at advertised rate.

Goods will be picked-up from your location for onward shipping to London by our Agency as soon as payment for the purchase is made.

Payment for the purchase is by cheque through a debtor in the US. The debtor owes us higher than the asking price of your product. He will therefore be sending you a Cheque for $6,000, to cover the cost, as well as the shipping costs.

On receipt of the Cheque, you will cash and deduct the amount of your product, the balance you would send as we will instruct you to our Agency who will handle the subsequent pick-up and shipping arrangements.

If the above arrangement suites you fine, do send us your address where to send the Cheque, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone numbers for quicker communication.

We look foward to your prompt reply.

Best Regards.

MR. BYRON DAVIES.

Can I get opinions on this? IT sounds like a scam to me...I just want to be sure.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
if it seems too good to be true, it more than likely is.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i didnt understand all but 3 words in that.

actually, i know the words, but whats goin on seems unclear to me lol. i need me a college edumication i be thinkin.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It's a scam, someone tried to do that to me when I sold my motorcycle. I think it is called the Nigerian scam or something like that...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just don't do anyhting where they want you to send them money back. And make sure all funds clear before you ship anything out. Also just don't ship outside of the country and you will avoid most of the problems.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: Magoo

On receipt of the Cheque, you will cash and deduct the amount of your product, the balance you would send as we will instruct you to our Agency who will handle the subsequent pick-up and shipping arrangements.
It says I have to send them money back.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
*sigh*. I'm surprized you even have to ask about something like this.

Here's what happens. They send you a check for X amount of money. You cash it and the bank puts the money in your account. You withdraw whatever amount the check is supposedly written over the amount of your car. Someone picks up the car and also they extra money. 7-10 days later when the check bounces your bank removes the funds from your account leaving you without a car and whatever amount you withdrew to give to these people.

Don't have to be smart to figure this one out.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
only thing is, what if you wait to let them pick up the car untial AFTER the check clears?

what if you turned the scam around and just kept the money and moved out of state or country??

sounds like a scam though for sure. my friend just got taken on a Bose Lifestyles 35 Home Surround system last month....$1400 bye bye (wired money overseas, no product)

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Take the check to a check cashing service... ;)

But it is a scam, and I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Originally posted by: Brandon
It's a scam, someone tried to do that to me when I sold my motorcycle. I think it is called the Nigerian scam or something like that...
Yup - read more about it here.

Bascially, they'll send you a counterfiet check. Which will initially be processed and clear. Then, several days later, the bank will determine the check is counterfeit and bounce it - which will be after you sent the item.

-Nick

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
being that i used to work in a bank, i'll add a lil input as i did when this happened to Brandon

the check WILL MOST LIKELY CLEAR and thats whats soo tricky about this scam, even tho it clears, by the time it gets totally processed 1 month from the date of deposit, the fraudulent wire transfer will be sniffed and ofc they will then start to process it again and it will come back to you, iirc anything you deposit can be returned on you up to about 9 months(even tho its already cleared) say i write you a check for 100 bux, send it to you, you deposit, ofc it'll clear, but once i see my statement and if i claim i didnt write the check and i can prove so(this process will take a while) they will give me my money back and take it from you(being the person who received the funds) so dont trust the scam at all!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts