New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently my heater has gone out. fans work but its just not pushing any heat??? I am currently having an overheating problem with my engine, just started about a couple of days ago. Its cold in the morns around here so please if you know whats up please hit me up. thanks:cry:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
If the coolant's not flowing, your engine will overheat quickly- I don't think that's the problem.

Sounds more like a damper problem in the dash- The vacuum & electrical controls for your climate control system may be malfunctioning. Do a quick check of your fuses to ensure they're all good.

Also, a test would be with your engine off, but the key in the "run" position, door closed. Change the temp on your climate control and you should hear a faint motor sound of the dampers adjusting. If you don't hear anything, the fuse may be blown or the motor may be bad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well as far as the overheating problem that has been going on since i basicly bought the car i have a thread already in the 2.5l forum page. so the heater not working isnt the problem for the overheating. As for the coolant flow, the top line to the radiator is cool to the touch before the engine is running, once it cranks up and sits the line does get warm to the touch. As to my understanding there is fluid flow or the hose would not get hot. Also the engine would over heat anytime other than just sitting at idle and speeds under 30 mph. but im not a car genius, i only work on Jets!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after draining my radiator fluid, and changing the coolant temp switch, heater is working and a/c plus the engine hasnt overheated yet, so i dunno but so far so good. ill keep this posted as to what happens within the next few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.