New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have a few problems with my coug....weird...

In the past week it has died twice....Seems to die when I have my AC on....
I have a 1000 Wt amp in the trunk.....

Okay, that would be one problem...but once it started happening I started hearing a really weird noise when I engage gears. I sounds like cans rattling or something. Its a weird grinding/snarling/rattling sound......

I've since taken the fuse out of my power wire (amp) and I've since kept the AC off, but the sound remains....

It's hard to describe....It's a really nasty sound and I only hear it during the engagement of 1-3 gears. Clutch??? I dunno...it doens't feel any different and I can still spin em from a stop and I pwned a civic tonight (of course, even without a clutch the coug would still own, no? :))

I'm just not sure what to look at.........any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Originally posted by: preclose

It's hard to describe....It's a really nasty sound and I only hear it during the engagement of 1-3 gears. Clutch??? I dunno...it doens't feel any different and I can still spin em from a stop and I pwned a civic tonight
First....stop beating the crap out of it. You'll be suprised how many problems you won't have with it.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.