New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His name is Indy....We adopted him last year from the Rochester HS (I've had probs getting my camera an computer to communticate)...BTW the T-shirt is not for looks, he recently developed some "hot spots" and we put the shirt on to keep him from licking and scratching the area...I thought I'd take some pictures 'cause it makes me laugh everytime I see him with the shirt on

Feel free to post some pet pics if you want...I'm a sucker for them :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
CUUUTTEEE!!!
I love chows! He is so adorable. Meet at your house! (Just so I can see your doggie!)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some bad news: Indy has been very sick over the past 48 hrs...and yesterday he was completely unable to move....we took him to the vet for tests (he had a temp of 104!)...today he came back postitive for lyme disease...

the good news is we cought it, and hopefully he'll recover with some antibiotics....he is already moving a little more , but he can't move a whole lot....

It just sucks 'cause your dog can't tell you what's wrong...he just gives you that "look" LOL...

·
Registered
510 Posts
ouch that sucks

i remember when my dads great dane got that. he was sick for like a week if i remember right

but ya i know what your talking about when the dog just gives ya that wierd look saying hey i am sick do something

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since I live in a townhome, I like to take him to the "Pet Exercise Area" in the Elm Creek Park reserve. He really loves it, since we get to take him off the leash and let him roam...there are alot of dogs there, and he just "chills out" in the pond to cool off ...but i think because of the environment (like 200 acres of weeds and woods), there are alot of ticks....maybe it finally caught up with us

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Aw how's he doing??? What a cutie pie he is. I never had a dog because my dad is allergic and my mom doesn't like them in the house, but I worked at an animal hospital and had a horse and stuff. I love animals and I know how stressful this can be. Hope he feels better!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's doing alot better...we've been giving him antibiotics everyday and some pain medication.....I'd say he appears about 80% better....The poor guy, it was days until he was able to poop (too much info)....I've been reading up on lyme disease and it's no joke; the dog can be left with permanent joint damage...and it can flare up again at any time in the future apparently....but for awhile there, I wasn't sure if he was going to make it, so we're glad about that.

I can tell he's lost some weight tho....his appetite comes and goes

But at the rate he seems to be recovering, hopefully he'll be jumpin up and down again soon

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
How's the pupper doin? It's been a couple days since you last posted. Apetite better? Hope so!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the vet screwed up on his prescription and we were giving him pain killers that we thought were antibiotics! :mad: ...we got that cleared up, and now he seems like he's almost back to his own self. I say that because over the last week he's been against going on walks. He'll just go outside and take a really long piss....But today we took a walk around the block and he pooped 3 times! Man he must have been backed up LOL...

I must really love this dog if I get excited about his poops , huh? The vet wanted me to save one for ANALysis LOL

It's funny though I went out for the walk and all these kids wanted to come up and give him a hug. then they wanted Indy to play but I had had to tell them he's still kinda sick :( ...One little girl said: "Sick?" ...I said, "yea, he got bit by a bug and got sick" ...kinda tough to explain lyme disease to a 4 y/o girl

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
That sucks about the fugged up Rx. Did you have to pay for the painkillers if they were wrongly perscribed? Glad to hear the pipes are workin right again :) Give him a good scratch on the rump for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.