New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry ppl, but this is the only place where I can vent out stuff like this.

I was driving my brother to school this morning, and I run into not one, not even two, but three dumbasses on the road!
the first one: an old dually truck that goes careening onto the road right in front of me on the lane to turn left...the light turns yellow and this moron stops! I was like WTF!! the light's still yellow! I blow my horn and he goes, but I'm stuck behind the red for a freakin' eternity.
the second one: driving on an empty 50-mph road, there's a utility truck on the right lane going like 40, and a ~96 Continental on the left lane also going 40!!! OMG...some people don't deserve to drive V8s! I tap my horn a few times and flash my brights behind him, and he ever so slowly inches faster and passes the truck.
the third one: the same circumstance, only w/ a school bus on the right lane and an Acura RL on the left lane...this time I needed to make a right turn on the next street which was coming up. the Acura inches up ever so slowly, so I follow him, but by the time his nose was right up with the bus's nose, he starts slowing down! AAAAAAAARGH!!! if it weren't for the laws of relative motion, I would be throwing s**t at his car. instead, I had to hit the brakes and drop behind the bus to make the right turn.

I swear, someone should round these people up into a dirt arena and make them drive a demolition derby. I would pay top dollar to watch that event!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Weird, how stupid drivers often come in threes, just like how celebrities die in threes.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Just for the record, yellow lights actually mean stop. There is no legal variance between stop and go, it is black and white. But there was no way for the DOT to just go from go to stop. So the yellow light was invented as a warning to drivers to stop because the light is about to turn red.

So technically the first driver was right.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Or in Downtown Detroit.. Green means dont look.. Yellow means speed up.. Red means look carefully and really speed up!!

True story: Cops in the not so good parts of Detroit will actually let u blow red lights.. I got lost down there and did it in front of like 3 cops! No way I was stopping down there.. much less go less then 50 mph!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where I'm from in stoplight-camera town, yellow means haul your sorry ass through that intersection NOW!...at least when you're right in front of the freakin' light.
luckily for mr. dually mullet man, there was no camera at this intersection

Zncoug: maybe the cops are happy as long as you don't do a drive-by shooting

Merc: ok, maybe no demolition derby. how 'bout we cage them all up in a supermarket parking lot and make them fight for parking spaces?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Like Zncoug said - If you stop at a red light in a bad part of Detroit, people literally come out of the woodwork to approach your car. This happened to me, I dropped the clutch and sped through the rest of the town till I got to the freeway. God, I love Detroit ;)

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
BigKat, you are in SoCal, what do you expect?!?!?! I get 4 of those before I am even out of my Complex......

What we should do to them all.....cause normally its the stupid a$$ soccer moms, is take away their slim fast, credit cards, and Plastic surgeons, then watch them explode within a matter of minutes;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.