New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had painted my a/c knobs the other day, they came out well, also painted the 4 white pins that i guess brace your bumper in place.
the 2 with the door off is my repairs from an accident, i just thought it looked cool with no door lol

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
No on 17's they will go that low im only at about 1 inch drop and my cars almost on the ground.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those are 18's

Attachments

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: InFRoRedCouGaR
those are 18's
With 35 series tires ;) less sidewall= lowerdrop :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thats right... I have a 40 series tire on a 17" wheel and with Roush Springs I am as low as a ZN on GC's! Hehe... wonder how low I'll be when I do ground controls ;)!!!!

Edit: Car looks awesome as usual BTW.... really bright....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im trying to paint the steering wheel buttons as well but can't seem to remove them, i searched for how to, couldn't find it, can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: InFRoRedCouGaR
im trying to paint the steering wheel buttons as well but can't seem to remove them, i searched for how to, couldn't find it, can anyone help?
you'll have to take the airbag off first. if ya look behind the steering wheel you'll see 3 holes on the left side and on the right side, the middle ones on each side are holding the steering wheel in(its a torx bit, cant remember the size) unscrew those by turning the steering wheel a lil bit to get a decent angle. once its off, you can just unscrew the buttons with the same torx screw

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i love the look of your car, and all your cutom sharpie tribal work in it. but i really really wish i could see it clearer!! but it looks sweet. were the A/C knobs stock colored before? or were they red? i think it might looks a little better red....for some added contrast. but if you like it, then keep it man. nice drop though.

richierich: you have 17" rims and 45 series tires and a 1" drop and its almost on the ground? im getting 17" rims this sunday, and by next month i will get the BG springs for a 1.6" drop, so how far off the ground do you think my car will be with the stock body??

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i got 17's and my ride dont sit that low... or does it? i also have the castercamber kit on which raised my car back up.. i was pissed. it would have been nice if james would have told us that in the description

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
ive seen mikes car in person several times. at the last meet i couldnt even fit my foot under his driver door. his car is VERY low. the tires really are what does it. ive seen peices of paper thicker the his tires :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
moteigis, or however you spell it.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Kooter
i got 17's and my ride dont sit that low... or does it? i also have the castercamber kit on which raised my car back up.. i was pissed. it would have been nice if james would have told us that in the description
this was explained dawg. smaller tires = lower car.

the caster camber may or may not raise your car a little bit, depends on how off your camber is when they fix it :)

car looks good. pics are a little blurry tho - looks like you have my rims in white :cool:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have the chamber kit, didn't notice much a difference in height, but yeah i slam the car all the way down, my struts go through hell, but its great cornering at like 65-70mph with little drift because of the tires, definitly limits what driveways you go up, but is really cool when you 3 wheel a drivway and everyone thinks you have bags or something, yeah i definitly need to replace my struts though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts