New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have searched for the answer and I think i found it. anyways, i know gc coilovers won't give a bumpy ride if you roll around at only a 2" drop. however, i was wondering the performance aspects of them compared to regular lowering springs. i guess i'm not really sure if they perform better than, let's say intrax springs. if they do, that's what I'm going with, because of the plans i do to my next car.

Also, I know that the springs between the Cougars and Contours are interchangeable, so I was looking on Intrax's website and I saw they make springs for the Contour that drop it 1.8/1.7. I just thought that i'd share that info as well. And they have a different part # than the springs they offer for the Cougar, so I would think they are completely different springs.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
you can't just 'judge' the performance between GC's and any other spring with words. You need to get out and drive different cars with different setups. That being said, GC are a tighter & rougher ride than any other spring set out there.

and as long as that Contour spring is listed for the model years 98+ it should work fine. Pre-98's had different struts.

S

·
0 Posts
I added B+G springs with the 1.6 drop and KYB GR2 struts..... I really like the ride..people keep telling me that the ride on theirs was very bumpy. I didnt find that with my springs. It may have been due to the fact that i went with new struts and I also put the 21mm sway bar on at the same time. I really really like the ride.....I cant wait to get the VX8's on the car I got from you. I am putting Nitto 555 rubbers on it. Cant wait Cant wait!!!!!!!

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
there is no comparing the GC springs to any other springs... i have ridden in cars with Roush, Eibach, and Intrax.... and they all felt like Stock compared to my GC setup.....

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I always thought that a GC setup on stock struts, no matter what the hight, will be very bumpy. Also, all GC setup require sport struts (ex. Koni) regardless of the drop hight. The only thing that depends on drop height is if its lower than 2" then you need BAT Cambers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts