New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some jerk modded my cougar

Long story...

So, last night, I'm just out of the shower, not dressed yet, and the door bell rings. I look outside and there's a truck stopped in front of my house, and I'm thinking, there's plenty of room for him to get by, I'm not answering the door. Now, I park on the street, even though I have driveway, because we have stone curbs, and they are cut so narrow, along with the fact that my neighbor 2 doors down parks one of his big tree service trucks (he's got 3 or 4 now, along with a chipper he drags behind one and a trailer behind another) directly opposite my driveway, it's nearly impossible for me to get in and out of the driveway without going over the curbs, and I got tired of taking the car in for alignments and balancing etc. This truck parked there also means that with my car parked on my side, it's a narrow fit down the street. The whole street is like this, with cars parked on either side and not much room between. Anyhow, so the doorbell rings again and I decide to get dressed and answer the door...

The truck out there is a towtruck. My neighbor 3 doors down has rung my doorbell because some guy in a pickup truck has just nailed my car and driven off. The tow truck was down the street and called the cops for me. This neighbor was outside talking to some people and saw it happen, and got the plates YEY! According to him, there were 2 cars coming down the street, going pretty fast. The first one went through and then this 2nd one, a pickup truck swerved around and nailed my car, then pulled over like he was going to come give me information or something, then flies off. I didn't hear it at all because my a/c was running and the windows are all closed. The next door neighbors had come out because they thought the tree service guy had backed his truck into his house again (yes, I said again...better his than theirs). So all of us standing around outside, the cop shows up, and of course asks the stupid question, "How you doing?" He was glad there was a witness (and so am I!!!) and took the plates and went to see if he could find the person. I won't find out until Tuesday when the police report is available. So far, State Farm has been wonderful as usual. I've filed a claim, but waiting to find out about whether they track the guy down or what before going any further (I don't want to pay the $500 for the deductible).

My guess is the guy was drunk or high by the amount of damage and the way he would have had to be driving to do that. The wheel turns fine, but I don't know what's going on under the hood, since it won't pop now. Can't get in the driver's side door unless I leave the windows down and climb in Daisy Duke style.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
RE:Some jerk modded my cougar

i hate all those closeups, lets get a full body shot. Im sorry that happened, i want to now move my car out of the street onto the driveway. I hope they find the guy who did it, it sucks having your car hit and damaged, and people running off

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts
RE:Some jerk modded my cougar (56K = death)

That sucks...I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope they find them.

BTW....do you ever clean your wheels? :cover:

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Originally posted by: wadespencer99
That sucks...I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope they find them.

BTW....do you ever clean your wheels? :cover:

:slap: :rofl: I'll get right on that the next weekend where it isn't raining and we don't have like 95% humidity...I figure it will be the same weekend as we get 2' of snow! The whole car needs to be cleaned, inside and out, and waxed.

btw, just noticing how funky my tires look in those shots...those are 16's, Nokians, 205/55's H rated, and if you can see the immense amounts of tread on them, that's after they've been on my car for 25K miles (they're guaranteed/warranteed for 70K), and they drive beautifully in the snow :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts

I'm sorry, I stopped reading after "just out of the shower, not even dressed yet" . . . can we get a full body shot of that? ;) But seriously, that sucks, I'd break that dude's legs.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

sorry to hear it man! hopefully they track him down! good luck with everything!
-Cody W.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
RE: Some jerk modded my cougar (56K = death)

holy manure !! thankfully that didnt happen as you were exiting your car !!
I hope this guy gets jail time. Glad you are ok !!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

Originally posted by: BigBalledOX
I'm sorry, I stopped reading after "just out of the shower, not even dressed yet" . . . can we get a full body shot of that? ;) But seriously, that sucks, I'd break that dude's legs.
i wont lie i was thinkin the same...lol.....

and if that happened to my car and they found the person i'de make sure that he/she would never forget my name.........:biggrin:

·
Registered
746 Posts

I'm sure once you find him some of the empire neco people will help you break his legs, or they know somebody that will do it for you.

I know I would flip if somebody did a hit and run on me.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts

eh just cosmetic damage. The fender is easily replaced! I am sure a necoer will have one laying around they will sell you for like 20 bucks + shipping. The door and hood can be fixed. But I would be for the money it will cost to get the hood repaired and the money you save by getting neco discount oem fenders you will be able to afford a CF hood as well as few other goodies...Maybe like Rims or something.

think on the bright side of things...like me. Woot. (sorry you had this happen and i hope it works out for the best)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts

I think GMK hit it on the head. Sorry to hear about what happened, but like GMK said, you could probably end up better off than before. I'm sure someone on here's got an OEM fender and mirror laying around, and the hood and bumper are probably salvagable.

Hope everything goes well for you!

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts

Originally posted by: Darkhorse145
I'm sure once you find him some of the empire neco people will help you break his legs, or they know somebody that will do it for you.

I know I would flip if somebody did a hit and run on me.
Thinking the same thing. You'll tie him down & i'll slowly flatten his legs & maybe a burnout:evil:

·
Registered
334 Posts

Time to get that kit you always wanted.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

If the other guy's insurance is paying for it, I'll be keeping it stock. There's a local dealer that's State Farm preferred, so I won't have to deal with anything like estimates etc. they deal directly with State Farm.

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts

man that looks bad from a full body shot but no ttht bad. I know ice992 and his infinite wealth of cougar parts has some stock fenders laying around, well I agree with GMK on this too, I'd say take the check if you can and get it repaired yourself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.