New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My cougar had some minor cosmetic damage on the front right side, around the wheel well. The bumper actually has a crack/fracture about 6 inches along the wheel well. Any tips on how to repair? There are some dents that have paint scrapped to the primer underneath. I am trying my best to keep the rust away with car wax and a car cover. I bought it like this so please don't cook my goose.

·
Administrator
24,231 Posts
That's where mine split. I bought a new bumper from an eBay seller, in primer, for stupid cheap, and had it painted. Most eBay sellers who deal in replacement body parts will paint them for you as well.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Just watch for replacements at your junkyards. If your lucky or patient enough to find the same color than your out of it for cheap. If your okay with spending some money than just get any color and have them painted. Not worth wasting time trying to fix those ones because any real repairs would need paint anyway.

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
the bumper is fixable for the most part. take the bumper off and scuff the plastic on the back side. put some tape on the painted side to hold it in place, and put some plastic epoxy on the back. its held up well for me so far

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
that's hilarious. my car had the exact same mark when i bought it. the PO had driven a deck screw into the sheet metal to keep the thing on. I was a little upset when I noticed.

I did what another posted. I just found a local scrapyard that had a Laser Red cougar with a good bumper, and swapped it over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try what Jaged posted. It's probably the most cost efficient fix for me right now. It's hard to find parts in my area for a poor college student like me. But that's why I'm working on my grades to get a grant so that I can spend a little more on the girl here. :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts