New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new bumper, and need to fiber glass over a crack, and also need to make it to fit dual exaust.
My questions are:
Where can i buy fiberglassing materials? Price?
How long does it take for it to dry?
Are there any toxic chemicals i would be using? If so, would it be bad to do it in my appartment?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You can actually buy some stuff at wal-mart for pretty cheap. For drying, it depends on how much hardener you use. The more you use, the faster it will dry, but if you mix a large batch, your going to have problems with it starting to dry before you get to use it all. And the stuff really stinks, so i would recommend doing it outside somewhere.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
oh man does the stuff stink very toxic smelling...i built a little fiberglass componenet f ro my stereo in my appartment and my girlfriend was sick for days...i think she was more high froom the fumes then she was sick but we'll just go with what she says..you may want to try and get some gold filler for the final touches smooths out very nice..

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
sam, be carefull when buying hardener, i suggest going to a paint shop around you, they should have some. hardeners have a very short shelf life and if its old, your resin wont gel up. use gloves too, if you lived near me i could repair that crack cause i know how to do that now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts