New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Creative Compacts coilovers should be here on monday, and installed shortly after, but Ive got some questions first. For some reason, alot of the old posts I remember seeing are gone, so i couldnt find much through searching.

1.) How much should I expect to pay for install?
2.) I know theyre supposedly the same thing, but performance wise, are these as good as the GC's?
3.) How exactly do you raise and lower ride height? I know an allen key is used, but is a jack required for raising? Any tips?
4.) Anything else, besides struts, I should consider having replaced when they get installed?

Any other advice, comments, experiences will be greatly appreciated.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
when you raise or lower it... you should jack up both wheels on the same end of the car... so do both fronts at the same time and both rears at the same time.... you do this because the sway bar puts tension on the other wheel, and it's a PITA to do it one wheel at a time....

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice puck, Ill definetly be using it.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
if your using stock/KYB struts your going to have to grind the things down ALOT. so be prepared to pay the shop extra for that, if they will even do it. the collars on the CC.com coilovers were waaaaaaaaay to small for the stock struts. i think we spent about 3 hours or longer even, grinding struts. if your using koni struts the collars fit just fine but you will need koni sized D rings that you can buy directly from ground control

as far as quality being as good as ground control. ive never ridin in a GC car so im not sure. my first inclination is to say yes though. its the same coilover just a differnt name brand. it's a very acceptable ride, even if its not as good as GC, for the money.

you should upgrade your front strut bearings while you are doing this also. check out the suspension FAQ for the part numbers and where to get them, also if you have alot of miles, new strut mounts might not be a bad investment.

i have no idea what a shop usually charges for an install like this but i personally wouldnt do it for less than 300$ if i were a business charging customers. it took alot of time for the strut size problem work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know before I get them installed. Any tips for fitting a jack under a fully dropped car?

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
you will need to drive up on some 2X6's or something first and then use the jack. or make some sort of custom ramps. i also find that the stock scissor jack works well to get the car off the ground high enough for my floor jack to fit.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man, how much did you pay for your install? I went to about 5 places today and the cheapest I got was $220. Does this sound about right or should I keep looking?

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
thats 55 per tire not bad. i dont think you will do better than that. most places charge about 35-50 bux an hour for shop labor so thats just about right in my book.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.