New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my block to the machinist and we discover two cylinders have water damage and need at least a .040" hone to make the block usable.

now that i have a paper weight.......i need a new engine. So this block and girdle is for sale for someone who wants a nice project.

$150 shipped (shipping will prolly be $100) or $50 pick-up

I did find a new engine to teardown, a 2002 escape engine here at a local junkyard for $400 its got 12k so hopefully its not FUBAR like my last one. once thats here, ill tear it down and part it out, cuz ive got everything ready except a block and girdle.

ill have my car back by mid october.......i swear by it. :disgust:

i am also getting prepared to part out my 2.5L motor, check the FS section by tomorrow for pics of everything available......with is about everything.

*******if anyone knows where i can get just a 3.0 block to save me the headache of tearing another motor down please help....ill be looking around all afternoon to see if i can spend less than $400 thanks***********

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
Now aren't you glad you didn't install that motor?

Why not try buckshot motorsports? You'd have to go through ADC to get it though. I believe you can get a shortblock ready to go.

Best of luck to you man.
i called them but rick wasnt in, if i were to buy one from him, id have it completely prepped for me to install everything

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.