New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is fire everywhere!! smoke is covering the skys and ash is falling like snow...it has been very scary the past few days. we have are bags backed and ready to go...we almost left at one point. i know a few neco members on here had to leave there home ..but made it back and there house is still there. but my dad is out of his new house he just bought a year ago and still cant get back there to see if its still there. his friend down the road ( 1 1/2 miles) lost his house / 03harley truck / 03 harly and alot of other nice cars he had. :(

we live right below scripps ranch and now the valley fire is gonna connect with the cedar fire ...

i have not been to work this week and all schools are closed.

here are some pictures ...the first pictures are from the first day..and the red looking pictures is from today...the red ones were takin at 3pm!

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
good luck, and stay safe !

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Holy crap Ryan! Good luck. Come up north with brandy on thursday. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yeah its pretty scarry. We had our family staying with us because they were evacuated, Luckily they were able to go back to their home. But no work and no school, Like rydwy said. And they did say it would take about 5 days at the least to contain the fire.

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
None of the pictures I took turned out, so i'm glad you got some Ryan... damn, its kinda freaky down there, a hell of a lot worse than it was in Irvine :ugh:

G

·
Damn that's scary, I've been watching it on CNN pretty much this whole afternoon. They need to find those 2 ######## that set this fire, Right now its killed 20 people and burned 600,000+ acres. I pray for all of you Cali people and your families. Hopefully this will end soon. Take care and good luck with everything.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
damn dude! that red/orange sky looks like something from Mars or some other planet...

forgive my slowness... but what CAUSED this fire??

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
GET OUT!!! It isn't worth it. Take a vacation somewhere far away...and save the cars!!!!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thx for your good words guys. we are being safe and right now staying here would be the best. i just feel so bad for the million dollar homes that were burned

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes i feel for all of them small or big...and im happy to hear they are setting up aid ....everyone is gonna get money to rebuild!

·
Registered
191 Posts
any progress on putting those fires out . i feel for everybody in so cal. im from mira mesa, my parents still live there, they said it was dark there already at 4pm .

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by: FLIPRCR
any progress on putting those fires out . i feel for everybody in so cal. im from mira mesa, my parents still live there, they said it was dark there already at 4pm .
ya thats where i live mira mesa and it was really dark...but it was kinda yellow out.

and remember there is no possession more precious than your lives.
and the cougar right?

the fire is gone from my place and its up north by a small town that all san diego ppl go visit in fall and winter for there apple pies..its called julian..very famous place...and they have about 80 trucks up there protecting the heck out of it

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD

forgive my slowness... but what CAUSED this fire??
..sorry, i'm just in total shock that a fire THIS big could happen... i have no clue... was it arsen or something?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts