New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok 3.0 people, i have a atx cougar. 2001, *clears throat*...Jaguar s type 3.0 with new mtx tranny (can handle more power i assume) what is the cost run about. i did a little research and havent found much so far. as far as the rwd factor, how does that turnover to the cougar. would i essentially be making my car a jagour or couguar? corny....meh.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Unless you plan on swapping over the x-type drivetrain, then you're SOL on the trans. As far as the engine goes, it can and has been done by Terry Haines, but the cost is a fair bit more than a standard 3L swap. I'd venture a guess at maybe up to 50% more expensive ($6-7K+) due to all the conversions and cutom parts to hook everything up.

If you're budget minded, stick with the basic 3L Duratec from a tuarus.

Rick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
from the conversion from fwd to rwd... did the other member who did the swap do that too? or just the engine? hows his 1/4 time? danke sehn herr everyone who helps ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
x type or s type? the s type is pretty much the same as the lincoln LS, and terry ball parked me about 2k for all the prep work, then id have to pay for 2.5 parts (timing cover, oil pan/pickup) or send him mine off my 2.5 when i take it out, or he'd buy new parts. so if it's the stype i would say under 3 grand to have it ready to install, but if you can't do it yourself you're looking at over another 1k. no clue if u can just use the s type tranny because it's set up for rwd. dunno if it can handle more power, probably different gearing. if you find out you can't use the tranny...trust me its worth about a grand in working condition, would help with buying the mtx75 and conversion parts. to make it rwd you would have to make a custom cradle i think then you'd have to rerout your exhaust, custom drive shaft, replace fuel tank (x type comes to mind) and replace complete rear end. lots of money and time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn o jeez you are helpful. thats actually less than i though minus the rear wheel situation. i figure though, if i eventually invest into a new engine and what not i am going to put it all in at once and do it right, so money really wouldnt be a big deal, plus my parents paid for the coug so i didnt put any cizash down there. rwd....you think performance worth money and time? thanks for opinion kemo sabi. time for bed. lata

1 - 6 of 6 Posts