New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I think it was a pretty good mod meet. More people wanted to get into the garage but because of the time restrain and unavailable lift they didn’t make it. I’m glad I met more members of ILNECO / WISCONSIN NECO. Some committed members only stayed for a little bit but it’s great to see them put the effort in coming out.

Joe (sagecougar) got his neons on, but for some reason he didn’t look to exited about that. Brian (Aries) & Clint (Kooter) put a lot of effort to into making them glow, along with Joe of course. Just a side note--next time make sure the drill is spinning the right way B. =P

I want to give a shout out to Chris (Mtang4life) and JOE (owner of the Speed Shop) for letting us have this meet. Also super shout out to Chris for spending all this time on my side skirts—curse James from custom cougar for selling bunk ass drift kits. Oh yeah, for those of u who don’t know Chris he is the ****. He knows what he’s doing, he’s not wasting his time and he is a one funny ass character. (I think we all droved off with a piece of his car embedded in one way or another into our cars.)

I was the last one out of the shop around 6:30ish after Chris readjusted my from and rear bumper.

P.S.

Clint and I got pulled over for our tints by the same cop. The twist on the story is that we didn’t drive up together and I got nailed about and hour and a half after he did. =[ I swear the cop was out to get us. ***** had to turn around to pull me over. But as every story needs a good ending we didn’t get tickets just warnings. It was my 2nd and Clint’s 7th or 9th I don’t remember.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: BasicDigital
Just a side note--next time make sure the drill is spinning the right way B. =P

And make sure that there is room behind the panel for the switch to fit so you don't have any extra holes next time! :biggrin: The meet was fun... I had a good time! It was fun to see everyone's cars - even though they were all horribly dirty from our recent weather. I didn't have the opportunity to gut my precats because the lift wasn't available - but that's ok... I had a good time watching a drift kit get fitted. It was pretty interesting actually. I had no idea that they were sold with so much work needed until I got a look at the side skirts and the fiberglass filling that was done on the front bumper! I honestly can't believe that these kits are sold like this! You would think that they would at least somewhat fit - but you have to pretty much redo the whole thing! I think that kit will look nice on your car when you get done though - it was looking good already in the unfinished state that it was in! So overall it was a good day... Especially since the Packers and Bears both won! Yeah!!! Tied for first place baby!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
wow guys, wow....LOL u just had to say the drill was spinning the wrong way, huh? greg, i didnt look happy ofcourse i was (might of just been i was tired from all of that and being sick with mono ). once again i'd like to thank chris and the owner joe for letting us use the shop and all of those who helped with the neons :bowdown: they look saaweet. and to joe and kevin, i got home perfectly after going 58south thx :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
wazz up, yea it was a good time being my first IL meet. Ya i know its pathetic, but least i was there. didnt stay to long cuz i had to get back home. it was interesting to see all new ppl and was happy to be a part of the meet. Sage, just wondering if ur left neon is still brighter then the right one. if so u could always just check the soder connections on the weaker side, most likely it just a less brighter tube.
P.S- Basic, i was watching for cops the whole way home, atleast now i have a new window switch that works. I also forgot my calendar that was sitting on the big storage thing. all in all it was a good meet but short for me, sorry couldnt stay longer

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a good time. Me and Joe(Archangel) had a good ol' time putting on his Trubendz exhaust.:thumbsup: We managed to put in on with no leaks, but for the time being his right pipe is pretty ghetto because we didn't have the tools to make a hanger. Still sounds awesome though. Damn 01-02's! We had fun though and we all got to see me fight Joe's car for awhile. Only minor bumbs and bruises. I'll pull through. ;)

It was nice meeting everyone for the first time. Your all a bunch of stand up nice car freaks!(me included) And Sage, your underbodies looked wicked at night on the way home.

I also would like to thank chris and his boss Joe. For anyone looking to find a shop who knows what they're doing contact Chris(Mtang4life). I was very impressed.

By the way, brian, did you get your MIL's fixed?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I had fun too.. Thanks to Chris and his boss for letting us use the shop and the tools!

I was able to redo the MIL eliminator, but I dunno if it worked yet.. I have a CEL still, but it might be from the faulty DPFE sensor.. I have to get my car scanned to see if my 02 sensor was fixed.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wished I could have stayed later... it would have been nice to have been able to work on cars and gotten dirty.

A huge thank you to Joe for letting us use his shop. And a big thank you to Chris for getting Joe to let us use his shop and for giving us the meet opportunity! Winter meets are hard to do, and that was a great idea!

·
Registered
450 Posts
this thread is funny! it sounds like an award show! i'd just like to thank God and my mom and bla bla bla! ha ha ha lmao! anyway all kidding asside thanks chris for the hand getting those nasty converter bolts off, thank the boss man for the use of the shop also. it is mucho appreciated. thanks kev for the help and the battling with that stubborn exhaust and those un cooperative hangers. it's in the shop getting fixed right now. my exhaust tone and note has gotten much better. i didn't like it at first. i think my ecm is getting used to it and refining it. El Presidente thanks for spacing my letters. i love it, and so does everyone who has seen it. also thanks for the big cookie. it was rockin good. oh and you also have a beautiful wife. it was nice to finally me La Presidente lol. i had a good time. i got two mods done and had some fun. i hope all of you have a happy holiday season! take care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts