New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think on paint the valve covers with thermal paint (like the calipers) in red. But, is it hard? How many difficult is it?
I will put UIM as soon as I can. But actually I only like remove it for paint the valve covers. the job compense the result?
Thanks.
Sorry for my horrible English

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Front one is easy b/c its in front and u can get to all the screws easier. The rear is hard since its against the firewall. For the rear you have to get the coil pack off and watch for the wire harness running under that to, also fighting the firewall for room. It can be done of course though. Make sure you buy a new set of gaskets and clean the surfaces very good!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Also, if you have an air compressor, an air ratchet is an excellent tool for this job!!! (very good for removing the alternator that we have to change so often as well!!!) just a thought....

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
CTC said:
:)) Your Spanish is better that my English ;-)
Ok, thanks
lol, no I think your english is great, you do a much better job of communicating your question than most people here.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
If i remember correctly, they actually fit into a grove on the covers themselves. And the glue points, special areas where you are supposed to appy some sort of gasket sealant. The areas are normally at a corner or some where i would guess is prone to failure had the gasket been made even all the way around.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
looks awesome man

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Where the hell did you get that oil cap? or did you make that?

Kinda amazing how nice and red they look in one shot then another with the flash they look so orange.

Looks good though i really like the red along with the black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.