New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, Florida Bar Association...

we filled a complaint about our lawyer like 2-3 weeks ago.

today we got a reply from them, a letter they had sent to the lawyer.

he has 15 days (till Jan. 21st) to explain himself, where further action will be taken.

hopefully he get's disbarred :)

we will soon see. I doubt he has anyway aroudn what he did, at all.

we are waiting to hear back from our lawyers about sueing him as well, if we have a good claim on him, which the bar pretty much already told us we did, there is a good chance we can sue him.

if we can and we get alot of money fast, we can actually "invest" ourselves back into the U.S and then in 2 years get permanent residency.

time will tell :)

-Los Update-
We got an e-mail from Tim yesterday, saying that he got a 2 week extension from the bar and he was to inform of us. He forwarded us a letter from him to the Bar association saying that "he was confirming the extension."

Not proof enough for me - but if it wasn't true, the bar would be on him for not responding, so it almost has to be.

he now has till Feb. 03 to respond.... i think it must be embarassing that he needs an extension, why can't he just explain? well we know why.... but you get my point.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
RE: so, Florida Bar Association...

Awesome news man.

AS always best of luck to you and your family :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:so, Florida Bar Association...

Originally posted by: CougarGT
Awesome news man.

AS always best of luck to you and your family :)
double thanks DAWG.

it'd be hot to get a ride in the 3.0PURPLECOUGTHATHASMASSIVEBALLS when i get home ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts

Kicka$$ dood, that's great news. Good luck for the future and I hope all works well for you and your family. As always, may God be with you and watch over you.

Z (jason)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

I'm just curious here... But how would you go about "investing" yourself back into the US? I have been breifly viewing your posts about your whole situation ever since I joined here... And one question comes to mind every time... If you had everything all set up, and your lawyer missed a cut off date - why not just start again with a different lawyer? I am sure that there is no rule that says you can't apply a second time. It seems to me that from your posts, everyone you contact either doesn't care or can't help you. So, considering that your extenuating circumstance doesn't mean anything to our government - why not just start from scratch and follow the path that every other immigrant takes to gain citizenship to our country? I may be way off here, but it just seems that you are spending a lot of time pursuing the subject that your lawyer made a mistake. That isn't going to get you citizenship! Maybe you should redirect your efforts towards the immigration process instead of headhunting for a lawyer's bar. You may get some satisfaction in seeing the lawyer lose his job, but you will still not be any further in your pursuit towards gaining citizenship. Just a thought... Either way - good luck.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

investment is a way you can enter the country.
you invest between 500,000-1,000,000 dollars in a company within the U.S and there by take over a management position within the company. The money can be spread over a 2 year time period. If you have complied with the standards of this visa the end of 2 years, you will get a Green Card(permanent residency). So on that note, we can get home if we can get alot of money out of him.

When YOUR lawyer makes a mistake, that is apparently YOUR fault. That doesn't quite seem very fair, however, that is how it is. Let's say that when Mr. Spridgeon made this mistake, he told us and we got a new lawyer right away, than we could have gotten the case reopened. But given that he did not tell us and we had to spend a year of our lives finding out that he lied to us, we can't do that right now. Maybe with proof that he was at fault through a claim we can do this, who knows though. This is why we cannot just try it again.

As for trying to get citizenship the normal way. There is no way anymore, that's the problem. We know a few people who have gotten married and one party member lives in the US and when they try to move to the U.S the other party member is denied access, this also happens vice versa (trying to get a US citizen into Denmark through marriage.) Both should be possible, but for some reason they are not. Our reason for not being able to do it the "normal" way, which I honestly don't know what would be, is that the American Embassy here in Denmark have stamped our passports for life (they make it impossible for us to return even on just our passports - for life) and would not give us a even a tourist visa to go home on, nor will they reconsider it.

This is why we contacted the U.S Attorney General - he can help us according to the law.

Appreciate you trying to help tho, and thanks for everyone's luck - sure we'll need it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

I am sorry to hear that. I thought that you could simply restart the case, and have it looked at all over again. You said that there aren't any ways to come over... What about for people that just simply want to come live in the US? There has to be some way to get here... Although I do not have any experience in immigration, I know that there is such a thing as immigration - so there have to be immigrants! Are you saying that since your case was looked at once and closed, you are permanently barred from ever trying again?

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts

What about the greencard lotto?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
I am sorry to hear that. I thought that you could simply restart the case, and have it looked at all over again. You said that there aren't any ways to come over... What about for people that just simply want to come live in the US? There has to be some way to get here... Although I do not have any experience in immigration, I know that there is such a thing as immigration - so there have to be immigrants! Are you saying that since your case was looked at once and closed, you are permanently barred from ever trying again?
no, there really isn't any way for you to "just show up" as an immigrant like that. Most immigrants that migrate to the US like my father did are given a position within a company that "no one in America is capable of doing." It's a rather odd system, but they have to keep the limit down.

this is where we are a huge exception becuase we were legal for 8 years and should have been permanent residence before 1996 - way before my dad passed away in 2001. It just doesn't make any sense that becuase my dad passed away, we were left with no options at all and I was never legally allowed to work in America and neither was my mom, but we found out later that we should have been allowed to do so. So that's odd.

as for the green card lottery - we didn't win, no idea when they actually announce winners, but they do 50 throughout the year. we went to pay for another 2 years on Dec 31st, special sale price and it said "you must enter a credit card security # to place an order." although the form had no place to enter such code, so I don't know. We e-mailed them 5-10 minutes later, but we didn't hear back from them yet either.

If you do stumble upon a way for us to get home like regular immigrants would, please let me know - we have never heard of anything like it, and no lawyer will assist our case - so we're pretty much on our own.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay. I was told by someone that he thinks Tim is getting an extension beuase he is scrambling.

he thinks it's a probability he is getting disbarred, therefore, he is tiying up loose ends....

if that's the case... that's good :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts