New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sneak peak

Just a little sneak peak for my buds in the Midwest

I have a customer that makes all the street signs for the Iowa DOT. There are many signs made similar to the pic posted for just about every make veichle except the Cougars. I asked him to make me one. This is a DOT legal sign, well except for the wording of course. So it has the reflective background, legal 6"x18" size on strong sheetmetal

I'm thinking about selling these to get a little extra cash. I can get any standard color. I can change what type of car if wanted also. I could maybe even put "Honda's crushed" or something instead of "all others towed". Other backgrounds available but not sure why you wouldn't want the reflective background. That's what makes it DOT legal.
I was thinking $35 shipped. What do you all think? Is that a fair price. After I pay shipping, paypal fees and the guy to make them I'm really not getting much. I was also thinking about asking James if he wants to market them for more exposure.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
RE: Sneak peak

nice man... i have a Cougar Parking Only(has a cougar, the animal, on it) one at home, i got at some car sign's store at a mall called Gurnee Mills.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:Sneak peak

cool, yea, anyone that does vinal could make something similar. I'm hoping that the fact that these are DOT legal would draw people in. I don't think a regualr vinal place would have the DOT reflective background or the DOT sized sheet metal, at least without custom ordering it

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
RE:Sneak peak

Sounds like a neat idea man. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts