New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as it has the balls to back up the look, it might be worth test driving. however, the current engine offerings suck, so why waste your time?

The new Focus ST (Sport Technologies) is powered by a turbocharged Duratec ST 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine with over 215 horsepower and equipped with a six-speed manual transmission.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
MaverickFlyer ... we have conflicting data:

Autoblog

Steeda Autosports applies its performance expertise to deliver this race ready 2008 Focus that takes its attitude to the street or track. The 2.0-liter Duratec I-4 is treated to a Steeda patented cold-air intake and performance exhaust. The Steeda/Eibach coil over suspension is fully adjustable and features a Steeda strut tower brace and stay-bars. A 3D Carbon Euro Series body kit is accented by Steeda custom grille, front fender treatments and Club Racer graphics. The 18-inch, Steeda Open Mesh performance wheels wear Nitto NT01 high-performance tires.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My mistake the turbocharged Duratec ST 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine is only available on the European Version. They get all the good stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
My mistake the turbocharged Duratec ST 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine is only available on the European Version. They get all the good stuff.
That's sad ... I guess the turbo blew a piston :cry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Yeah, thats the Euro C1 Focus ST. This one...

The 08 Focus is kinda a disappointment. They dropped the 2.3L engine that was in the 05-07 US "ST" and just have the 2.0L, which isn't exactly a turd but its not as peppy as the 2.3L. In stock form, the 08's look rather odd, but all the aftermarket ones I've seen (such as the FocusSport build coupe being featured in the current season of "Street Tuner Challenge" on SPEED) look pretty damn good.

I have to say I never used to be a fan of the Focus, until I started hanging around the local Focus crowd. In stock form they're pretty fun, but once you start modding them they just come alive. One friend has a mostly-stock ST sedan that blows away Porsche's on the open track, he really didn't need to do very much to it. They're fun as hell to drive, and I'm kinda curious to see how things pan out with the 08's.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts