New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new pics of the Cougar earlier, using my grandpa's new camera. I got some pics of my Injen short-ram installed, and I also was able to semi-fix my rear bumper from where I got hit a couple weeks ago.

How did I fix it? I took the bumper off and popped it back out with the palm of my hand. :biggrin: This is one case where I'm happy Ford decided to make parts out of plastic (eh hem, TB spring connector anyone?) Its not 100% fixed, but it looks a whole heck of a lot better than it did. A fellow AZ NECO'er is on the hunt for a spare drivers taillight to replace the broken one I have.

On with the pix!

Here's what the bumper looked like before.

Here's what it looks like now.

Injen short-ram intake (the noise maker!)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
eh it looks a little better. Not exactly fixed but better than it was I suppose

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, like I said this isn't a 100% fix. But it is much better than it was. Plus I don't have to hear anymore "Dude, who threw a bowling ball at your car?" :rofl:

As far as the intake goes, I bought it from Skywalker and he told me its an Injen. Not sure why it looks different. Can someone share pics to compare it to?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
They are all pretty much the same, except pipe diameter. And all short-rams suffer from extreme heat soak, I can only imagine what its like in AZ. (I lived in Yuma, so I know what hot is... Mine didn't like Michigan, I can't imagine AZ heat...)

Bumper looks much better than before, I have to admit.

E1

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was amazed at how easy it just popped out.I was expecting to at least have to smack it with a hammer a couple times. If you look close, it didn't come COMPLETLY out. If you catch light around it, you can see the little dips in it where its not 100% out. But it does look absolutly 50 million times better than it did.

And yeah, Skywalker just sold me the piping and clamps. I supplied my own couplers and filter. This winter, I plan on getting the GMK extention to get more out of it, but even as it is, the short-ram helps me out enormously.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced my driver side taillight. It took me a few weeks to find the part. IMO, unless you want the European style or are willing to pay $179 to the dealer, you'll need some luck to find the part.

If you do want the European style, you can try LIGHTS-R-US, out of Wilmington, California, at 310-233-2588.

ciao!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.