New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comming to work today and there was this woman driving a purple beetle, with the lil turbo emblem on back. I have seen her before and we both have weaved in and out of traffic a little, but we never got to line up. Today I finally did. We were at a red light and we both couldn't rev really because there was an incline. So the light turns green and we both go for it. I gained on her in every gear. Brought the coug to 6800 each time ad she had nothin on me. My biggest gain was in third gear. I wasn't impressed at all.

Oh and just for all the prudes. The traffic was extremely minimal, this was 7 oclock in the morning.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah beetles arent fast in stock form. If it was the turbo diesel they only make 100hp not sure what the turbo gas engine makes but the 0-60 isnt impressive.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
"IIRC the turbo Beetle is 180bhp. "

you are correct sir!
there's a kid in strongsville near me with a 13 second turbo beetle

·
Registered
440 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
"IIRC the turbo Beetle is 180bhp. "

you are correct sir!
there's a kid in strongsville near me with a 13 second turbo beetle
You are incorrect

The ones that say "turbo" are the 150 hp model
Turbo S's are the 180 hp flavor.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
So you're saying there's a beetle that says "turbo" that isn't the Turbo S? :shrug: That's almost as ghey as telling somebody they're wrong when you knew which one they meant. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Turbo S comes with a six-speed, and is VERY fast for a beetle. When my friend drove one he told me he chipped in third without even shifting ridiculously hard. I have only done that in my cougar twice. Not to say that really matters but that is impressive.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try reading edmunds again... there's clearly a turbo and turbo S model for 02+, only a 'turbo' model from previous years.
The GLS 1.8T = 150 turbo
Turbo S = 180 hp turbo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts