1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
it'a amazing what half a million dollars can buy.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Someone will dig up the link. But there is a site of a guy who built his own...practically fabricated everything and it looks incredible.
yes I remember that. But it was only for looks. He took some very old car and made all the SLR body pieces. He even made the mercedes engine cover and put it over his carb. looked exactly like the real thing.

Mike

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I don't like it. There's something about the front end that just turns me off. I don't like how it comes to a point in the middle - it kinda looks like the batmobile to me. For 1/2 a million I would much rather have a Lamborghini, and still have enough money to put gas in it for life!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Your reposting my post (linked above). Actualy those are some new pictures though, havent seen those. That is also the first pic I have seen of the spoiler, it is more than a air brake it actualy is designed like a spoiler so that it provides more downforce to keep the car controlled, automaticly lifts up at like 120 mph. Truely I love the Mercedes SLR, it is an amazing car, and for $380,000 a real bargon.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
just looking at the SLR...

Look at how far back the passenger compartment is... I imagine it'd be hard to drive around hilly areas. Approach the crest of a hill and all youd see is hood and sky.

& that cant seriously be an airbrake? There's no way that teeny wing would generate enough turbulence to have any effective slowing power below 220mph. It doesnt even look worth any downforce... Sometimes (like porsche) they incorporate these things to reduce drag for enhanced top speed / highway economy, but that looks too dumb to do anything.

I'd still intentionally cut off all my toes to own one tho

·
Registered
500 Posts
Im not too fond of the SLR. Besides that atrocious wind break/spoiler in the back (which supposedly restricts vision in some cases), there is the fact that early specs, Ive not looked up anything lately, showed that it would not be as quick or fast as the Ford GT.

G

·
yes but benz uses an f1 style autoshifter.....it has paddles behind the wheel...u just dont have a clutch...it modeled directly after their race cars......VERY VERY SHWEEET

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
like this one?

i think it is a BEAUTIFUL car and if i had half a mil to blow on a car....id own one fo rsure.....then maybe do something a little less dramatic with those fenders!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.