New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i wasnt sure where to put this post so i choose 2.5 liter performance cuz it has to do with the cougar engine. so here goes. Now i dont want anyone to jump on my back when i ask this ok? haha. Now why does everyone on this board say that cougars are slow? i mean they top out at like 140 or somewhere around there. Im 17 and for me 140 is pretty fast. U can buy a brand new bmw z4 and they top out at 145 and they cost like $45,000, or a cougar which is only 5 mph slower stock and upgrade and still be way below $45,000. now im just wondering so some1 please let me know. thanks

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Slow compared to what? :shrug: Its all relative ;)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
The car could top out at 180 and it would still be slow. It's not the top speed, but how long it takes to get there that counts
mark that as the answer

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
The car could top out at 180 and it would still be slow. It's not the top speed, but how long it takes to get there that counts
mark that as the answer
No problem, gyger... ;)

Well said, Trevor. And again- It's al relative. What are you comparing the Cougar to? For a sub-$20,000 sport compact, it's decently fast.

Of course, that doesn't apply to you ATXers... :cover:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
when people try and compare a cougar to a Supra, WS6 or Muscle car. then yes the cougar is slow. But Hello! the cougar is a sport compact and hence was not designed to be a race car.

If you where to make a fair comparason of the cougar to other sport compacts in its class the cougar performs quite well. It handles great and can if you have the money you can build a cougar could certainly compete with the above listed cars (stock that is).

I personally am building my car for looks and speed. Anyone who has driven my cougar or raced it knows its no slouch. You have to know the weaknesses and strengths of your car if you expect to make it perform the way you want. Capitize on the strengths (handling, braking) and take care of the weaknesses (weight/hp ratio, traction)

Put your money will it will really count. In the suspension.

ATX equals doomed. sorry.:shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts