New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
ya that wasnt staged :) puhlease.. a porsche 911 TT doesnt pull on an EVO like that. get real.....

BTW, who wants to host a video i have of a STOCK evo, DESTROYING an S4...so i guess an SRT 4 can rip an S4 too...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
hey mprtklr this is off-topic but is that your car in your sig with the sweetass paint

i kno you got a Evo but is that yours

looks setup to me

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Would that neon happen to be the 500 fwhp neon srt 4 posted at neons.org earlier this month? Stock internals, bigger tubro and fuel upgrade with tuning. Ate the clutch on the dyno in the video.

M

·
0 Posts
wierd the first time you get into a RHD vehicle

and yes, they are as fast as they are made out to be......

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: StreetConcepts
Would that neon happen to be the 500 fwhp neon srt 4 posted at neons.org earlier this month? Stock internals, bigger tubro and fuel upgrade with tuning. Ate the clutch on the dyno in the video.
I don't know what neon that is, I can't even remember where I got the video, might have been Kazaa, but I've had it for a couple of months now. If that thing had 500 fwhp I think it would pull a lot harder on that EVO than in the video.

Mike

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Not really. What does a 500 fwd car run in the 1/4 mile? If an evo runs 13.xx in the quarter w/ almost 300 engine hp another 200 hp advantage on the SRT4 would allow it to pull pretty hard from the EVO. In the video that SRT4 pulled away big time, even when he gave the EVo a head start in the last race. I've heard that 500 fwhp is pretty easily obtained with the SRT4 with mild upgrades like the bigger turbo, and more fuel with proper tuning. Those cars are supposedly way under rated on factory hp #'s. I still could not see myself in a Neon though at 26 years old. The EVO and WRX are definately cooler cars in my opinion. I prefered the old style WRX headlights though.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
And your EVO looks pretty sweet! I'm not much of a fan of the color shifting paint but it does look sharp and I bet you get tons of attention in that car. If I bought one it would be silver w/ black 19's with a polished lip, carbon fiber body kit, hood, and trunk.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
i sat in a Evo at the auto show -drool
:)
id probly kill myself and/or lose my liscense in a week with that car though

edit- i could see an srt just about keeping up stock. It now comes with a quafie diff. and 230 hp stock. It has less driveline loss and might weigh less (not sure on weight). They used to say they came with 205 hp either they bumped it up or that was the real number the whole time. Even if it COULD keep up i would still get the evo because at the end of the day its still just a neon. (assuming i had an extra 8-10k to spend)

M

·
0 Posts
19's arent very popular with the EVO crowd. first its a [censored] just finding wheels that fit (thank you very much brembo) they dont make many. and seconldy the extra weight added by 19's as most EVO owners are out for speed not for looks. and 3rd, wheels are SOOO EXPENSIVE. most are JDM imports. like mikne were 500 a wheel. 18x9. since most of the wheels for EVO are really wide, x8.5, x9. there is one wheel made by Tenzo R in a 19x9 that costs 800 a wheel!!

also the evo has a short wheelbase making 19's look funny :)

thanks for the compliments !!

as far as the skyline? ive driven in it a couple of times (the guy who owns it also has an EVO and comes to the meets) and i was cryin like a baby cause i didnt want to get out. DEFINETLY had some felonious thoughts in my head....larceny, Grand Theft Auto....

M

·
0 Posts
sure....if the offer was right...just like my cougar...
guys if you wanna see more evos, check out socalevo.net and go to galleries. tons of pictures and videos of track events. evo's lapping ITR's and Si's sometimes lapping them twice. its actually quite entertaining. hearing a B16 winding away like its getting ready to die, and then here comes this little 4 door passing it without a sweat in a turn.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
works now......looks great

what commerial???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts