New Cougar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: janelly
For all the people that don't know how to snowboard or ski, your still required to come and fall on your asses all day.
Um...how about i just chill in the cabin with Mark instead and save myself the pains of skiing or snowboarding into a tree?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't think so lol!

I'll take some time out to teach you how to snowboard on the bunny hill.
Trust me, it's really fun.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Janelle...you missed out. Passes are $400 now!! They were cheap last spring ( I didnt have the cash though) and last weekend at the open house they were $350...sorry I didnt let you know earlier. You coulda saved $50. My bad.

John- there will be NO STAMPING! Certainly not you stamping me.

I have an offer for anyone who is just beginning and wants a deal on a board used 1 season. Many of you have seen it's badassness but for those who have not; It is black with a carbon fiber look graphic rendering of the cougar symbol on it. It is a Heelside board (forget the length and all...I just ride, I dont know the lingo yet). I'll find the old link to them somewhere on here. Basically if someone is interested in a board for $100 lemme know. No bindings or anything. I want to get one in spruce green to match my car :thumbsup: If not though I will ride this one another year. It has some scratches and stuff on it naturally (damn little kids running over the back of it in line at the lift...gonna kill them this year). Janelle???

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Here is a pic thanks to another member on here who ownes one:Snowboard

There was a link to a site containing these for sale in Red (looked like laser red and was gorgeous), black, white, and spruce green. I'll keep looking for them but the site has changed and I dont know if they are available anymore. If I find a number I will call them. They were $180 brand new for the board only. Not a bad price- entry level I think.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
One more thing (sorry for the post whorring). It doenst have to be a "meet" for us to get together to ski/board. Jeff and I go a couple times a week as does Janelle up here at Boston Mills/Brandywine. If any of you want someone to go with just let one of us know. Jeff is an amazing instructor and I am learning as is Janelle. I can only speak for myself but if any of you want a ski buddy for a day just lemme know. :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Slade, post *****. Yea I ski daily or atleast close to it. I ll deff. be coming to ski with Slade and Jeff again, usually on like sunday nights or something so I can stay up and not get up early. Last yr we did that once and it was a blast, really good times. Slade came down to Snow Trails a few times and it was pretty sweet. Good times!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I don't know how to snowboard.....
oh wait I used that last year:biggrin:
I've still only ever tried it 4 times
I'd like to go again. It's fun I just don't stop
when I make it to the bottom.:shrug:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
slade, do you know if that site (if and when you find it) had skis with cougar logos on them? that would be pretty badass for us ski-ers

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I cant even locate it now; the old link in an old post by OSUStallion took me to a site called ISports or something...but no coug boards. Someone HAS to have a couple in stock cuz I doubt they were big sellers. I couldnt find a number either. Searching google and stuff for them today. I'll let ya know if I find anything. Hope I do cuz I really want a nice new one in green.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You guys are at Boston Mills/Brandywine quite often uh? Might meet you folks up there once in a while. I dont board btw but I can ski quite well. Let me know (when the snow starts flying) when you guys/gals will be up there. I may join ya. ;)

Anyways back to work..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey everybody, just stumbled across the topic and I'm wondering if Hoosier neighbors are invited? I'd love to hit up some slopes other than Paoli. Just as info, name's JD, live across the river from Louisville, KY, drive a lightly modded Zn and ride Burton in the cold months. If the timing is good and y'all don't mind I'd really like to come up, meet some of you, and go out ridin.

Thanx!
JD

Also just on a side note, a friend of mine rides the red version of that Heelside board, it's pretty cool, fiber composite. Doesn't flex or pop quite like wood but it'll prolly last longer. Unfortunately, if you're lookin to get one, you can't really pick your color. Size negates the color, so you basically just get luck of the draw depending on your height/weight. Most board companies operate like that though. I know I took several possible boards off my list when I was shoppin around cause my size and the color I wanted didn't match up.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
THe more the merrier! How long have you been boardin? Just keep an eye on the board and hopefully you get enough warning of when to come up. I would guess we will have one in early Jan. I ride 3-4 times a week so if your in the area shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Awesome, lookin forward to it. This will be my 3rd season, the first was on a rental but last year I got my own gear and probably went 15-20 times. I usually went twice a week unless we got some snowdays (which kicked ass cause mom's 4wd blazer could get me to the slopes no matter what the roads were like), thursdays w/ school (club) and then on Saturday nights, Paoli has midnight madness. That was great cause when all my friends whine about curfews and I can honestly say I have come home at 7:30 am more than once and my parents haven't ever said a thing lol. But yeah, I'll definitely keep an eye on the thread, hope I'll be able to head up!

Thanx y'all

JD

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Also, I would like to get a few weekend trips to WV, NY, PA, and anywhere else with something bigger then Mt. Mansfield lol. But for real, we need to get a weekend trip for sure. I know my parents are gonna get a few planned for us, and naturally you all are invited to go. For those of you who know my parents I m sure you can vouch they arent really normal, they are well, not to brag, but BadAss. I get it naturally.
But for real, I ll see what deals I can work out for us.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.