New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
No transmission to bolt it to that fits.
Not comptabile with our PCM or harnesses.
Can't switch to it's outdated electronics with with our PATS or gauge cluster.
It's not like you are gaining anything powerwise between the 3L engines.

The list goes on...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nothing will work with that engine...

Like demon said, the computer wont accept it, harness, tranny, everything.

Trevor stop being a punk before i slap you. :kiss: :cover:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. I knew the answer already I was just looking for specific examples of what wouldnt work. Just wanted to prove my friend wrong and nobody knows Cougars like this board. Didnt think it would cause such an issue. Anyway we're going to try to put a 3.0 in it and go from there. I'm sure I'll have some questions while we do this but I'll search before posting. I seriously cant wait to have a Cougar again. I've been driving a Malibu for over a year now and I hate it. So many problems with it compared to my Cougar. Not to mention the Cougar looks so much better.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
listen dip[censored] ... what more information do you want? It won't fit!
Trevor I think you need a vacation man, a nice long relaxing one.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Originally posted by: Blackcoog
I don't know I kind of like that reply. It covers everything. Nothing would fit.
oh it fits and is all that really needs to be said.. but in my experiance with Fastcougar he is usually a little nicer with his responses (not that this case requires being nice about a question that is already answered alot).

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
listen dip[censored] ... what more information do you want? It won't fit!
I can't help but wonder what was edited out.

Trevor 1
Superjoint 0

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
What bothers me is that someone came along and answered his question in the other thread that was locked. But that's not good enough, he had to keep at it ... that irks the crap out of me. All he had to do was a simple search in the 3.0L archives on the term "SHO" and he would have seen PAGES of results with many threads locked.

the word of choice was "d-i-p-s-h-i-t" ;)

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
What bothers me is that someone came along and answered his question in the other thread that was locked. But that's not good enough, he had to keep at it ... that irks the crap out of me. All he had to do was a simple search in the 3.0L archives on the term "SHO" and he would have seen PAGES of results with many threads locked.

If thats you "irked" I'm gonna have to try to steer clear of you if you get really mad :cover: But I understand what you mean. I also don't understand people's obsession with putting in a motor several years older than the car itself. But hey, who am I to question?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: BigBalledOX

If thats you "irked" I'm gonna have to try to steer clear of you if you get really mad :cover: But I understand what you mean. I also don't understand people's obsession with putting in a motor several years older than the car itself. But hey, who am I to question?
Not to mention the SHO engine is not very simple to work on, and requires TONS of maintenace!

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Originally posted by: Superjoint
Get the hell over it. If you didnt want to answer the question, dont respond. Nice to see the people on this forum turned into jerks in the year I've been gone.
Nope, we've mostly always been jerks... You should rememebr that...:wiggle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.