New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically im just wondering if they are worth 40 bucks? I know people use the hi beams as low beams and i was going to do this, but is there a big enough difference from the $15 cheapo lights to these? I dont want to just fall for the commercials :D

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
bought them and love them!

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Me three... i have a set of highs sitting in my garage just screaming to join my lows. What i really can't wait for is to get a set of SilverStar Fogs. Now that's going to rock. :banana:

·
Registered
587 Posts
:shrug: Some i have seen look good and others, I can't tell a difference from the stock bulbs? I dont know if it has anything to do with the stock headlight assembly or not :shrug:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
trust me, the silverstars are 1000000X better. I compared by putting one in and leaving one stocker in. The brightness level is huge. Plus other ppl say they look blueish hehehe

·
Registered
487 Posts
i like the blueish look, do these resemble xenons??

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I was also wondering about this....I have already gone through a few sets of the cheaper blubs.....I think the silverstars will be the next set :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Silverstars are nice.. I have them... not blue enough to look gay,
driving side by side with a true HID vehicle the light reflected off the
pavement is very close in color...
and when spring rolls around... silverstar fog lights.. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Excuse me for my ignorance if this has been covered already, but I thought they didn't make aftermarket fogs that fit our cars? Can someone please clear this up for me.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just curoius, being that these are aftermarket bulbs, how long do they typically last before they blow out?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Originally posted by: Croat23
Excuse me for my ignorance if this has been covered already, but I thought they didn't make aftermarket fogs that fit our cars? Can someone please clear this up for me.

Thanks,
Mike
You have an 01 so you can use the 9005 Silverstar

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I bought a pair and returned them immediately. They are too similiar to stock to justify the price difference.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
Not sure which bulb your car takes but the 99-00 fogs are H3's and Sylvania just started making them.
Nice! When I replaced my fog bulbs in the late summer I couldn't find the silverstar H3's for my '99, I'll have to check the store for 'em! Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by: mindtrip1016
I bought a pair and returned them immediately. They are too similiar to stock to justify the price difference.
I wouldn't necessarily replace them if you have working bulbs, but for the $5 a piece more than replacement bulbs it is more than worth it.

At the same time, it is very hard just to look at a projector headlight and tell much difference in whiteness and in brightness, because projectors make even the cheapest bulbs look fairly white, but it you drive around with stock vs. silverstar back to back there is a very noticable difference. I love my silverstars.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So far im sold :)!

Do they improve wet road visibility? Right now when the roads are wet i cant even see the lines.. i always thought projector lights would be better but even the cavalier i had, had brighter headlights lol

No one has had any problems with wires melting from the extra wattage from doing the headlight to low beam conversion?

Thanks for the input

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
I notice it takes the bulbs about 2-3min to really "warm up" to their true color. Sure they're white when you flip em on, but after a few minutes they really seem brighter.

I personally will buy nothing else until something better comes along for the same price. PIAA's are the best I hear, but I haven't seen a set side by side w/the SilverStars to see the difference in a $40 set of bulbs & an $80 set.

I can't find the H3 kind anywhere up here. Their on Sylvania's website, but I know I can get them cheaper if they were in a store.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts