1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
looks like it will turn out good!:)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Nice work! With the molding job just be eeeexxxxtttttrrrrraaaaa careful when yr out and about. Its a whole other story when you go try to park and there's curbs around. id hate to see you do .03mph into a curb and have a seam crack.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
i've never understood why everybody molds their rear bumper to the quarter panel... if you back into something accidentally that ****'s gonna crack.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
i've never understood why everybody molds their rear bumper to the quarter panel... if you back into something accidentally that ****'s gonna crack.
dont back into nething? or when someone rear-ends ya, ya get hella good $ cuz its more expensive to repair :-D besides, who cares, you aint gotta drive it

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
And what do you do when somebody goes too far into a parking spot in the parking lot and smacks the rear bumper?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
And what do you do when somebody goes too far into a parking spot in the parking lot and smacks the rear bumper?
Dont you just hate it
Usually in a parking lot I tend to park the Cougar maybe at least 2 or 3 spaces from the nearest car
Then later someone parks their car right up against mine

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
dont back into nething? or when someone rear-ends ya, ya get hella good $ cuz its more expensive to repair :-D besides, who cares, you aint gotta drive it
Or stop going to places where retards who hit people hang out. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
That reminds me of when i went up to Buffalo for a meet... while Iceotron and i were leaving Circuit City this guy in a truck with a snowplow on the front dropped it literally 1/2 inch from somebody's car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes we are doing the body work so fixing it wont cost us as much than if we were to send it to the shop but hopefully we wont need to worry about that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It really doesn't matter how well you seal it either...I know someone that molded his like that and one little speed bump cracked the paint...He did a really good job on it, too...It just doesn't take much to crack it...Just make sure you keep extra paint!!!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You can mold a rear bumper without worrying about driving it daily. I would not suggest molding a front bumper though.

On the rear if you glue it with panel bonding adhesive and then overlap the seam with fiberglass you get a super strong bond.

After the fiberglass is sanded I use a fiberglass based filler. I also reccomend having reinforcement braces installed at the bottom corners of the bumper to brace it to the body.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone ever think of putting a weld on it>? All you have to do is sand it down, weld a thick bead, sand down the excess and paint. Seems simple enough. But you probably need some good sanding tools. And a little skill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts