New Cougar Forum banner

Side skirts?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ZEXCougar 
#1 ·
I searched, can't find anything on how to put side skirts on. Any help?

#2 ·
What kind?

#7 ·
No and yes. Drift side skirts are unfortunately the worst molding ever produced! I have a full drift kit and I ended up selling my side skirts and putting on wing west sides instead, since most shops were telling me anywhere between 500 to 1000 dollars just for the side skirts! I am just giving you an honest answer. The whole car will not have to be repainted, but they will have to mold them in and "fade" the paint into the original paint to make it match up. Most drift side skirts will have to be cut or even broken and refiberglassed in order to make them fit. I love my ww side skirts much better, they look alot cleaner.

Jamie

Let me know what you do and good luck to you.

#8 ·
yup, that pretty much sums it up Jamie. When it comes to any kind of fiberglass, there is no 'give' to the product, so if it doesnt fit 100%, it's not going on at all. Honestly if you dont have the money for a shop to do it, get yourself some ww/razzi skirts, they will go on with ease.

#9 ·
How about Razzi skirts for 99-00? I just got them and stuck them on there to see and realized the bottom of the cougar isn't exactly flat... How did other people do it? Get it painted at the shop first, and then get a buddy to just stick it on the bottom with the tape first and then just randomly pick places to put screws? there's no screw holes. :)

#10 ·
Fit it first.. that's what I did with my side skirts.. install them on your cougar first and drill all the necessary holes to see if it fits correctly.. then get it painted. You don't wanna spend all that money to get them painted then having it not fit correctly and you having to modify them a bit..

#12 ·
I have the Razzi 99 side skirts, and mine went on really easy. You don't have to tape them on first. Just hold them up to where they are supposed to sit, and then close the door. The door will hold them up for a minute so that you can take a few steps back and make sure that they fit. Once it is determined that they fit, take them off and drop them off at a shop. When they are painted, match them up again and then drill pilot holes and put screws in. That is how I did mine, and they turned out perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.