New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a freind of mine offered me his set fo clear sidemarkers from his 20o1 but i didnt know a) how they came off... do i just pry them out or what? and also are they all the same size? ie will his fit my car and will markers fit his car?
thanks
rob

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
They pry off... take a small edge screwdriver and wrap a thin rag around it. Push it in at one of the smaller ends of the ovals carefully and it should pop off. Cougar-specific sidemarkers are universal for all New Edge Cougars.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I replaced my side marker lenses, I used a string placed into gap between the right side of the lens and the sheet metal, gently pull the strings toward the other side, pulling up slightly to pop the lens out (you might want to wear gloves to keep the string from cutting into your hands). You can use a small screwdriver, but use some masking tape under it, on the sheet metal, to protect the paint.

Also, go to the "How to's" category of the NECO Forms, and search "side markers". This will give the experiences of others installing side marker lenses.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
For that matter you could even use a driver's license/credit card to push under the end. Lots of different ways to do the same thing... release the one end so you can remove the sidemarker.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well damn i went about it the very hard way (at least the most time consuming anyway) and i pulled the inner fender pieces out to change mine...then you can just squeeze the prongs together and push out..i like the string/dental floss idea best though..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
This is covered in your owners manual, as well.
when i got my car the users manual was gone... so i dont have one...
rob

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very easy to do, just firmly (but gently) press the sidemarker in with your hands
and slide it to one side, then pull the opposite side out, and the marker should
come out pretty easy.

However, ice is a freakin' ***** and it broke one of the tabs that hold the marker in,
now I need new ones in the spring when I re-style my fenders!

Oh well, such is life. Things go good, then New England weather sh**s on your parade!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts