New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this topic has been posted before, but the link to puck's diagram was dead.
So what I am asking in how would I re-wire my side markers so the go on with my parking/headlights?
Can someone help a brother out?

JOE

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I've seen that diagram before too but I can't remember it....but do most of my own electrical mods such as neons and stereos, so I'm guessing you just have to splice the + wire for the sidemarker with a separate wire, then run this separate wire along the fender to the parking light +wire. Now there may be more to this so that the sidemarker actually blinks when you signal or whatnot. Also maybe someone can show which wire is the correct wire for the parking light?

Mike

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure it is that easy, I have done stuff like this in the past. I just want to see if there was an alternate method.

JOE

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
When I did my sidemarkers, all I did was disconnect the wiring on the sidemarker harness and reconect with with wire taps to the parking lamps (on each respective side). Takes about 30 minutes, and it is easy to do.

Good luck with your mod!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Is it possible to make the side marker still blink and wire it to the parking lights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts