New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By 2008 I hope to have my interior pretty much done, I'll be redoing the headliner, painting or covering the pillars, painting a lot more plastic, recovering door panels, possibly recarpeting, adding custom bits, and swapping the seats. I'd love some pictures of customized interiors and the interiors of show Cougars from those of you who have done your own work. It doesn't matter what colors, or style work, I just need some inspiration!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
i wouldnt say show quality, but i did alot of work lol.
false floor, Rear strut bar, carbon fiber door panels, short shifter, dvd/cd player with 7 inch lcd monitor, red/black shift boots etc etc.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I guess I can wh0re out some old pictures for ya ;) Since none of this stuff exists anymore as of last month :p

I'm not really much of an interior customizer per-say... I just like changing the color of what already exists, since really, I loved the way the interior looked to begin with, I didn't think it needed a total re-do.

All the adivce I can really give... is dont rush it, and if you can't do something the way you want, then don't do it. Being inside, you will see it everytime you drive, and it will bug ya if something isn't perfect.
The first two pictures... I had black spandex wraped around the door handels... cause MY painting didn't work. And I had a black fabric slip cover over the back seats, before I just took them out completely. The audio box, rather than carpet, was covered in a black material that sparkled blue when light hit it (because the audio subs and amps also lit up blue) Looking back... I shiver. :rofl:
And for paint, get a professional if you are going to do shows... Some people can do a fine job with a spray can (I did pretty well myself) but I was blown away when I had my bodyshop do it.

Old old audio setup and a dash painted myself:

Two years later when I actually did car shows: (later added kicker sub grills)

best part about that... was I could also carry a **** load of stuff iin the trunk still:

then theres the interior which everyone has seen before...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get that shiz off yo mirror Jayzee!! :rofl:

Thanks for the pics guys, I hadn't even thought about painting the buttons on the steering wheel until I saw your pics Matt. Were they easy to take off? I'm not sure if I'll make the panels match the headliner or the dash yet. Keep the pics coming guys!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Get that shiz off yo mirror Jayzee!! :rofl:

Thanks for the pics guys, I hadn't even thought about painting the buttons on the steering wheel until I saw your pics Matt. Were they easy to take off? I'm not sure if I'll make the panels match the headliner or the dash yet. Keep the pics coming guys!
hehhe, actually, those are pieces from a "Superior Dash" dash kit... I bought it, and the only pieces I really liked were those cruise control pieces... so i kept them and sold the rest :rofl:

Never tried to take off the buttons though... shouldn't be THAT tough.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jayzee! This is from the askmen.com top 10 chick cars list, Dosge Neon: "Apparently, the car’s only highlight was a rearview mirror that could withstand weights of 70 pounds or greater, since the average owner has at least that much crap hanging from it."

I'm going to have to paint the buttons, I can't bring myself to pay for a supieror dash or rvinyl kit just for the wheel!

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
must... post... wood dash....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts