New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the reception for most of you guys who have the shorty antenna. I don't wanna get it and then not be able to listen to the radio most of the time. I did a search, but didn't really find anything.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The custom cougar's one says it loses reception, but you can get one from Focus Trends for around $25.00 and you will keep almost 99% of your radio reception. I have the black billet aluminum one and it is SWEET!
Pics coming soon, I now have Digi-cam!!!

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
i have to agree. i got my billet shorty from focus trends also and i have not lost any reception. at least not in the city. i havent driven too far out yet to be able to test it in the boonies though.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I actually got better reception with my CC shorty than with my stock antenna.

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
Which one off of the 'Focus Trends' site do you guys think gets the best reception? Any ideas?

Mike

·
Registered
576 Posts
Probably the 8" shorty antenna gets better reception than the 5" super-shorty antenna.
The owner says that the shorter the antenna the worse reception gets (he made them, I would guess he would know?) E-mail them and find out for sure.

·
Registered
235 Posts
For those of you considering getting a shorty antenna, please hold off a day or so. I've reached out to 'Focus Trends' to see if we can get a Group Buy going and save us each a few bucks. I'll let you guys know when I hear back.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
the only problem with that is, the majority of people on here (thats a guess. i dont know for sure), already have shorty antennas. i have one from cc.com, and i lost some reception, but i listen to CDs more anyway, and i still get my favorite stations.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i'm in on group by......I'm ready to get rid of this damn ship MAST....HAS anyone ran 1/4 miles with and without to see how much that damn thing slows ya down......HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
954 Posts
Im in on this too...I want a billet/silver though not black.

I have no antenna right now, I took off the stock one...almost looks like a little XM radio ant. now...haha...time to buy a new one!!

I was going to go with cc.com but if this other website has better reception ...count ME IN!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i had the 5" black antenna and only lost the D.C. rap stations...it was no big deal to me though since I hardly listen to the radio in the Cougar anyway. I do that at home and then make mix cds for the car for shows and crap.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good news guys. I just got off the phone with the guy and we're gonna get a pretty good deal. I'm not sure what I need to do to get approval for a group buy, but I'll go check the FAQ right now and post in there with details.

LINK TO GROUP BUY:
Shorty Antenna Group Buy

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
540 Posts
If anyone has their doubts about this product; don't. The first thing I did to my car was take off that R/C antenna, and replace it with a focustrends shorty billet. It looks great, and works almost as good as stock. The only time I notice any difference in reception is a long way off. Just don't bump the end of it while washing the car:banghead: No flexability whatsoever. Then you get to search for the "removing the upper console" how to, to replace the base.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Wicked funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did the same thing 2 weeks ago when it snowed. I pushed the snow off the roof and knocked it right off!!!! Part cost under $8.00 at the dealer, but really easy to put on. Took like 5 minutes to pull console, replace part, replace console and test it!
:rofl:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts