New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at getting a short ram intake system and im just wondering if anyone out there has one or had one and if its worth it and any advice on what would be a good price and place to get it

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just to warn you, You are going to get slammed with people saying SEARCH.

For your questions. Had one and upgraded to CAI. Big arguments on what is best everyone has their own opinion. It will def make engine sound louder and cheapest place to find them are on EBAY.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try KKM ( Kurtz Kustomz Motorsports )
I bought mine and was better quality than ebay.
Plus, it cost less than 100 bucks. Sounds good too.
But I wish I have the time to build my own custom CAI :(

Edit: Website is down ATM. http://www.kustomz.com/

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Ebay with a better filter is just fine... and yes, most posters here do have an intake, it is one of the first mods done. The filter from ebay does fine, so don't feel you need to upgrade immediately, just whenever you are ready.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
ill take the eBay one for the third the price (shipped) of $92 :biggrin:
Dunno if ebay is as good but for the 92$ @ KKM you get the whole thing: pvc tubing, install guide, bracket support, stickers, adaptor and the high flow inverted cone filter. ;)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
my answer is that I have had both. short intake cheaper cold air way more exspensive.

Gas milage way better with cold air,

31.4MPG V6.

·
Registered
151 Posts
basically its more pipe to make the intake filter run down to behind the bumper where the air is cooler
most that have done this have either
a: reloacted the battery to the trunk and drilled a hole right down
or
b: ran the piping through the existing hole for the intake
will require a little tinkering to fit through which is why i havent had time yet

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all right thanks i was looking at the ebay ones and im probably gonna end up going with that

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I get about 380 to a tank of gas. what ever that turns out to be. either way when I fill up and reset it around town I'm about 27-28 highways 30-31

1 - 20 of 29 Posts