New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any shop around columbus that can do a 3L swap & tuning ?
I'm in the process of getting a nice low milage 3L, Depending on cost I might do more than a straight 3L. But I need to fine a shop or 2 that could do it. I don't have the skill or time. Also I would expect it to take 2-3 days, is that realistic ?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I don't think there are any shops in Columbus that have done the swap, and to ask a shop to do it in 2 or 3 days is asking a lot. Its certainly possible, but most shops work at a snails pace. I would hit up blackcoog, its a bit of a drive to WI but he can drop a 3L in over a weekend.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I wasn't sure on the time frame, just thought a shop would do it pretty quick.

I'm hoping for something closer, I work noon-9 so driving that far, even on a weekend isn't really an option.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is there anyplace else in the midwest, preferably within a few hours of ohio I could hit up.... Any 3L in ohio care to say who did their swap ?

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I don't think there are any shops in Columbus that have done the swap, and to ask a shop to do it in 2 or 3 days is asking a lot. Its certainly possible, but most shops work at a snails pace. I would hit up blackcoog, its a bit of a drive to WI but he can drop a 3L in over a weekend.
Blackcoog is in Minnesota . . .

You can talk to buckeyesvt, he's from Akron. His thinking is a little different than the standard-issue doctrine on 3L swaps. I'm definitely NOT saying its wrong, but, its different. He is definitely a pretty intelligent guy though.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
2 cents -

It isn't going to go off seamlessly. There are going to be issues to clean up and tuning problems, and all kinds of follow-up tweaks to do for weeks after the swap. And I would not want to a: drive back to Minnesota once a week to continue to keep geting tweaked and tuned, or b: keep paying a shop to mess with it, when they don't REALLY know much about the process in teh first place, or c: drive it around with issues because I can't otherwise have them fixed. If I can't do it myself, I'm not doing it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 cents -

It isn't going to go off seamlessly. There are going to be issues to clean up and tuning problems, and all kinds of follow-up tweaks to do for weeks after the swap. And I would not want to a: drive back to Minnesota once a week to continue to keep geting tweaked and tuned, or b: keep paying a shop to mess with it, when they don't REALLY know much about the process in teh first place, or c: drive it around with issues because I can't otherwise have them fixed. If I can't do it myself, I'm not doing it.
I know there will most likely be issues after, which is why I'll probably go to buckeyesvt since he's only a couple hours away. I can't stand that I don't seem to go anywhere till I'm over 3k rpm, even then in my opinion it's barely sporty. I want a 3L, I know I can't do it, and I'm willing to pay to get it done right, even if it take a few weekend trip up to akron to get it tuned or other things checked on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts