New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so if I go and get a Millennium Kit and Predator hood what would I be looking at as far as cost and time to have it put on and painted, keeping my stock color, at a shop somewhere around ATL?. I guess I'd just have them repaint the rest of the car. Not sure if I would want it molded or not.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i would talk to george if i were you...i would not mold it to the car. i like the way his got done.

G

·
Honestly man, if you dont have around 4000 dollars set aside for cost of paint and body work I would steer clear from the Mill kit. The front and rear bumper fit decent on the car, the same with the sides, but the flares dont line up at all to the pieces. If you take your car to a shop they probably could get the kit and paint done in probably 3 weeks to a month if there are no slip ups and the shop is decent. However, I got mine done on the side, and the guy did the work on the weekends, which is what took so long with mine ( about 3 months). Even doing the work on the side the overall total cost set me back around 3500-4000 in the end. But, I know you drive your car everyday, so I would really go against molding it onto the car. Hell I dont even drive the car everyday and I was too scared to mold that [censored] on the car. I already have some minor repairs that I need to do to the car, but right now I dont give a flip :rofl: Im more worried about getting my car ready to drive around this winter and head to the track often. If you have some more questions dude you can call me or whatever.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
this is why i went with urethane sideskirts. i can jack the car up, and have the skirts flex a little without havning to worry about the fiberglass or paintchipping away. i love 'em and will never rid my car of them.

i am in the same boat with you jorje...i am not really to worried about the looks of my car at the moment my main focus is getting a couple of things bought so i can be ready for the cold "fast" months at the track this winter!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it came up because of the for sale thread from 'Paris' and aerogear closing some stuff out. I thought it might be a good time if any to get a kit and if I was gonna do it then I'll go all out. I have thought about it though and as much as I'd like to have it kited and repainted it does sit on campus everyday in parallel parking areas.

Thanks for the general info. I will probably just save the money for later on down the road and do something productive with it.... like redo the system bigger and better perhaps:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.