New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any connections with shipping companies who would be able to get a discount to ship to the uk. I am trying to purchase 4 bolt lower control arms but in the uk the cost is £300 for the pair (roughly $570) which i am sure you will all agree is extortionate:disgust: I can purchase the parts in america for ($100 but i don't want to be spending $300 on shipping) If someone can get me a good deal on shipping i could start a group buy on the ukcougar site.

If you can help me i will try and help you

cheers

Paul:banana:

·
Registered
311 Posts
$300 is ridiculous to ship anything to the UK! But businesses are dumb like that. Find it on the US ebay (none at the moment as far as I could find) and get a quote from someone who will ship internationally. It shouldn't be much more than $100 if that.
Or you could just move here and get away from the bad prices...and all those cameras lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
$300 is ridiculous to ship anything to the UK! But businesses are dumb like that. Find it on the US ebay (none at the moment as far as I could find) and get a quote from someone who will ship internationally. It shouldn't be much more than $100 if that.
Or you could just move here and get away from the bad prices...and all those cameras lol
honestly :disgust:

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
I shipped a camera battery kit (quite heavy) overseas to the UK and it wasn't that bad through the U.S. Postal service actually. I looked for the emails to see how much it cost me, but I can't find them now. It wasn't anywhere near $300.00, I'm thinking maybe 100 insured? The weight was probably similar.

·
Registered
311 Posts
but yeah like wadespencer99 said, to ship something with pretty much anyone (UPS, Fed Ex, and I think USPS goes there too) it's like $75-100 for stuff that isn't ridiculously expensive. And 99.9% of ebay sellers use one of those

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
anyway i've personally found usps to be the best way to ship things in general, from
international to here in the states, i sold a lord of the rings sword on ebay to a guy in the uk and ups wanted $198 to ship it there, as USPS charged me $51

·
Registered
311 Posts
you know that's because the USPS supposedly loses 10 billion every year. They aren't trying to make a profit cuz they're a government service so there's really no chance of anyone competing with them. They are going to sell the entire postal service to private parties like UPS and Fed Ex if another country calls in part of our enormous national debt though.

Btw there's the rates to England and Northern Ireland from the US. Note the free insurance for things under $100. I'd say maybe the control arms are like 10 pounds which would be $112.00 US. And the majority of ebay auto parts sellers do international.

btw you're AWESOME for selling swords, kustomcougar :D I got 2 swords hehehe

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where is the best place to purchase 4 bolt lower control arms in america then? if i pay one of you via paypal could you purchase and send them to me?
Can you get any discount for being in the armed forces over there?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
probally either teamfordpartsonline.com or batinc.net I dont think your can use pay pal though

·
Registered
837 Posts
Where is the best place to purchase 4 bolt lower control arms in america then? if i pay one of you via paypal could you purchase and send them to me?
Can you get any discount for being in the armed forces over there?
Rockauto.com ships international and has 4bolt LCA's for 85$ And I believe a member over here works for or is affiliated with them too. there was a 5% coupon floating around too :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts