New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to knwow aht ti costs to ship via grey hound or somethign.. whatever the cheapest shipping company is for something large such as a box containted two full replacement bumpers... anyone please help

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know some people have shipped this way before and i really don't knwo the demensions of the box since i don't have the product i am trying to get it shipped to me...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Jimmie...

i guess i might have to call greyhound and ask them about weatehr they will take it or not.. since it is fiberglass front and rears..

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Actually Fiberglass Bumpers are too big in dimensions to go Greyhound... From their site

The extreme measurements of length, width, and height shall not exceed 30" x 47" x 82". Maximum weight per piece is 100 pounds. Exceptions may apply. Any piece exceeding these limits will not be accepted for transportation. Any single package that measures in excess of 24 inches on any one side will be assessed an oversize surcharge. For lot shipments, the surcharge will be assessed for each piece that exceeds 24 inches on any one side. The surcharge applies in addition to the shipping cost. Surcharges will be assessed as follows:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We shipped a Partial Widebody kit through Greyhound. Rear bumper, rear flares and Side Skirts. The dimensions they told us at the station were `24 x`54 x`72 You may be able to work with your local greyhound station about the size. Shipping for the above listed items was 80 bucks. We also had to build a custom box, because they wouldn't take the kit with no box (aka bubble wrapped to death) The reciever of the kit picked it up at his local station, and there were no problems with the kit, it arrived fine.

But, things may vary from station to station, so go by there with your inquiries and bring them what you are shipping as well. They will advise you on what you need to do before they will accept your item for shipping.

Hope that helps

Bethany

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanc all.. yeah i called gave them some demensions and such and they gave me a cost of like 75-105 depending on exact size weight and shipping style.. so i think i am going to have to haev the seller brign the stuff to them and see if they will be able to make it work cause i really don't want to drive ten hours (through canada ack) just for a front and rear bumper...

and yeah they do accept fiberglass forsure i talked to them abotu what woudl be shipped and they said it was cool

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
i shipped Gary my factory rims and tires - they went by weight - the rims/tires were about 150lbs, and it costed $115.00cdn to ship them from Ottawa to Calgary.

i didn't know they also had a 'box size limit' too. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i've shipped two full fiberglass bodykits via greyhound and im about to ship another rear thats fiberglass
to ship the full kit from s/w missouri to Florida was about 100 bux iirc, it arrived quickly and not damaged in any way, i did however, have the bumpers wrapped separately rather than in one huge ass box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts