New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please!!
I'm not good with the electrical part of my car. I just got a set of shift lights from
Auto Meter, the ones you put shift pills on. (I think 1 tack is enough, so I just got the lights) I have a
2001 I4.
I can't find the ignition wire they talk about. Does someone know if one of the three wires
that go to the distributor prong would work? if so, which color? (I think it may be the green one,
but I'm not sure) or where else would I plug them to?
Help woul be appreciated.
Thankz!
Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cougars don't have distributors. But any way there are two wires that fire either of the coils brown and green or the brown and blue and the other wire is the ground. Check to see if the shift light works with distributorless systems before attaching to any wires. If it does it would be either of the two wires I mentioned above, because the do the same thing to different coils.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don´t understad mine too.
It have 3 wires: RED (12v ignition switch) OK, BLACK (ground) OK, GREEN (On standar ignitions attaches to coil negative, on electronic ignitions GM, HEI, MDS or Crane connect to tach terminal), whats this? where I connect teh green wire?

·
Registered
169 Posts
So where are the wires in the engine to tap into because i dont wana tear the dash apart. is there like a coil pack os sumthin

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wheew thank you soo much i havent been able to find anything useful for the last 2 weeks on this because i guess they cleaned up the posts and got rid of the old ones, i knew a tank needed poped up but i couldnt remember which one...

·
Registered
169 Posts
would ne one happen to have a pic of the ECU idk what it looks like....i can pop out the tank but is the ecu that big round thing next to it like against the rear of teh engine bay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts