New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i had this badass idea but i dont know if it will work!
I have a 2001 atx....i want to put a porsche shift knob in my car instead of my stock one. can i rig it so the overdrive is always on or just disconnect it altogether?
can i even do this? someone help!
any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
yeah, you should be able to just take off the wires and locate them to a new switch somewhere else....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you think i could order that new tiptronic shift knob from porsche though?? im not sure.
i suppose that would be easier than trying to screw with the manual knob right??

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
call me crazy but that top pic is from an MTX right?! how would you incorporate that into an ATX?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hell if i know! that's why im asking :tongue:

·
Registered
719 Posts
look in cosmitic were you posted

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I am confused as to which of the two shifter pics you posted...that you are wanting to install :confused:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You won't be able to use the manual shift knob (in the first pic), but you CAN use the automatic knob (second pic)...wiring should be straightforward AS LONG AS there's an overdrive button on the Porsche knob (which should be located on the right side of the knob and not visible in the pic)...Porsche WILL be able to order you an automatic shift knob, but I guarantee it will be EXPENSIVE!
Charles

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump
could someone give me a step-by-step?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: Catwoman3700
bump
could someone give me a step-by-step?
I posted a detailed how-to about removing the ATX shift knob without damaging anything, and replacement a while back. If I wasn't on the world's slowest connection, I'd search it for you, but due to the 10min per page load time, can someone else help with this one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts