New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else have a hell of a time to get the new cc.com boot on? ... Took me about 3 or 4 aggravating hours.

kinda nervous of doing ebrake boot! what did you use to hold it on (99 i4)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
wow.. I don't think it should have taken 3 or 4 hours to put on a shift boot.. took me 30 min at the most to remove it from my car, pull out the staples, and replace the shift boot with a new one..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
the ebrake boot is a total [censored] and a half

took me about 5 hours total - 3 ebrake boots
i final got one that fit perfect and then just used plastic welds to hold it on

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant believe only 2 people on this website can tell me how they attached their new ebrake boot...rediculous.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
I cant believe only 2 people on this website can tell me how they attached their new ebrake boot...rediculous.

Perhaps if you put your question in the right category, such as interior cosmetics, it would garner more responses. :biggrin:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha...it already is in interior cosmetics as well, it's been there. this started out as a different question...just kinda changed it afterwards.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Use 1/4 inch staples all the way around the boot, about an inch or so apart and it will hold up really good. Make sure the staples are hitting the plastic or you'll; cause holes in the boot.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was just a red cc.com shift boot...i was being careful to take out the original staples and it was hard to get the new ones in those little holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts