New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bad hailstorm today. hood looks like my car had bad acne. roof too. what can i expect to pay for this and what type of repair process is best? my parents had a car done and 6 months later the dents all showed up again, wanna make sure that doesnt happen.:banghead:

·
Registered
60 Posts
whats a ding king?

·
Registered
674 Posts
dont you watch late night TV? It pulls dings. You can get one at Wal Mart for about 12 bucks.....you have to hot glue this thing to your car then it pulls it out..... but it really does work.....just dont do it when your car is warm to the touch, I would say about 75 out side.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Please tell me that you aren't going to try to repair hail damage with a ding king! You would be pulling dents for a month! Just call your insurance company... Unless you have liability only, it will definitely be covered. I don't think that your premium will go up for the first claim either - at least that is how my insuance company is.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: IsraelHoudini
bad hailstorm today. hood looks like my car had bad acne. roof too. what can i expect to pay for this and what type of repair process is best? my parents had a car done and 6 months later the dents all showed up again, wanna make sure that doesnt happen.:banghead:
Uh..do you get hail often? If so, after getting the dents fixed, invest in a some kind of car port to protect it from the hail. Or build a garage.

·
Registered
487 Posts
the ding king really works though??? Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Car insurance covers it.

Ding King and stuff like that may only be 12-40 bucks, but they are only good for 1-3 dings. Then you need to get more adhesive and stuff for whatever price, like 20 bucks more. With hail damage, you probably have like 100 dents like my car and you go ahead and figure how much this cheap ding king is going to cost and what kind of craftsmanship it will be.

Paintless dent removal is what they'll ring it up as when doing estimates, mine still came to just over 1600 dollars though when I was in a hail storm once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts