New Cougar Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you wanted to build it in one day you need hefty knowledge but anything can be researched. I see this being an easy project once you know what you're doing. Main part is getting an audrino board with enough connections and just program it to function how you want when it gets certain signals. Wires that connect to the brake lights will just be a normal break light our could also work sequential if you want and the wires from the turning signal would be the main thing you're changing. I've done plenty of work with programming audrino boards in high school. This would be easier than what I've done in school. Another factor is making sure the audrino board can supply the power needed for the lights.

·
207WHP 199TQ
3,292 Posts
I partially built one, could get sequence on but not sequence off, ran it for a few weeks until the 3904 transistors burned out and decided to put it back to stock. I had something like 18 spdt relays in the trunk. I still have my working headlight flasher that I built off his early diagram, it needs a 5v converter because I did not use a heat sink on it but I bet it would still work. Resurrection of a sticky. :cover:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
5,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I had missed that. And the price isn't too bad either. $79 gets you the 4 bulb kit.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
;)

·
Excelcier Strikes Back
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
If anyone's still alive and still has a Cougar, I am clearing out old stuff and I came across my VERY LAST ever built Sequential Taillight module that I had kept in my personal prestige archive. It's the fully easy version that is completely plug and play into your taillight harness. I am finally moving on and parting with this piece of nostalgia so if anyone wants it.... email me and make a bid. Silent auction. :) [email protected]

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
He was trying to move one last set on the facebook group a few months ago, dont know if he ever sold them or not.
I dont think he's been on this forum in several years.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts