New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you remember me posting this a while back. It's just over a year old & in great condition. Reason I'm selling it is because I went with a cleaner looking setup to match the TV. Also because the Sony Wega TV's are extremely heavy in the front & it made me uncomfortable the way the TV rocked sometimes when walking past it. It can hold up to a 32" TV that weights 200lbs (mine is a 32" @ 165lbs).

The wood print is called Bishop Pine and the unit is by Sauder. Looks very nice in person and is built solid (I assembled it btw). It will need to be disassembled before removing which I can do, I'll help lug it down the 3 flights as well. I'm asking $400 or trade for a decent wood frame futon.

Here's a photo of the unit:

And the TV it held:

I'm selling to anyone in Mass/Conn interested and also posting it on Craigslist.org.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I love that tv. for non hdtv its better than any plasma or big screen ive seen. HDTV is nice but not for the $tag.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for someone in need of a center :)

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the picture quality on DVD's & digital cable is awesome when you adjust all the settings (using a THX Certified DVD they include a audio/video test). When I first got it I toyed w/the 16:9 enhanced mode feature. I thought it sucked cause it squished any letterbox DVD (all my movies are widescreens). Then I discovered that if I set the DVD player to 16:9 mode it would play the movies so they would fit on a 16:9 widescreen TV. Then I set the TV to 16:9 enhanced and it compresses the image to fit the 4:3 TV thus giving you the impression of a 1080i image. The picture is practicaly HDTV quality in this mode and I wouldn't watch a movie any other way now!

The TV can be picked up for around $5-600 now. I paid $900 a year ago :( This thing has the resale of our cars. But it's worth it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts