New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an A/F guage installed for the past year now, no problems, works perfectly.
I also have a set of underbody neons (Eurolite series 1) installed for the past 2 years. Works perfectly, no problems.

Now, when I first start my car, the A/F guage lights up and does a little dance (perfectly). Then, when I turn my underbody neons on, the A/F guage stops working, and goes dead. If I turn my neons off, the A/F guage comes back to life instantly; but goes dead just as quickly when I turn the neons back on.

However, the problem fixes itself after about 10 minutes of driving with my neons on, my A/F guage will slowly come back to life and work perfectly again.

I'm okay with this, and can live with it, but it just baffles my mind as to why this happens. Is it possible that I have both the A/F guage and neons connected to the same power line, and the sudden drain of power from the line when the neons are turn on, kills the A/F guage?

Thought I'd post it here and see what I learn :)

Thanks!
Darrell.

N

·
0 Posts
It is very possible that your transformer for your neons pulls all the power away from that one line. Have you tried supplying another 12v source to the gauge? I know when I had underbodies I used the ignition wire as my source, and had no problems.

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been a while, but I remember running my guages from my A-Pillar to a seperate fuse. And the neons were run to an ignition wire (IIRC).

I dunno... its just weird.

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hum, turn of events. Its been raining really hard here the past few days, and there must of been a bad connection with my neons and they are now not working (water must of gotten in somewhere). Anyways, I'm having the same problem with my A/F Ratio Guage (if you call it a real problem), so I guess that tells me something (not much though).

I'll have to re-wire my neons soon now, then I'll look at the guage and see if I can play around with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts