New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I'm cruising, kick in the secondaries and let off then try to get em to kick on again; my car feels like it was just put from 2nd gear to 4th (car goes slow) but my KKM is still sounding off loudddd. Any ideas? ATX btw.

G

·
Mine does the same thing. I have had the secondaries replaced 4 or 5 times but it still happens. so you arent alone. i think that maybe it has something to do with the computer not kicking down the transmission t othe right gear. i'll let you know if i get it fixed

G

·
secondaries are the second set of valves that are attached to the short runners, this second set of valves open up around 4000rpm to give you extra power. the primaries are the first set of valves attached to long runners that give you the low end grunt. the secondaries add HP when you need it most.

G

·
yup, it happened yet another time. it has been a total of 4 replacements for the secondaries. but this time they replaced the lower intake plenum, the imrc's, and a bunch of other stuff that has broken on my car. i got the dispute forms to get my money back today, it sucks too because i really liked the car a lot. i guess i just bought the lemon right off the showroom floor (seriously)

G

·
sometimes under normal acceleration, I have a hesitation in 2nd gear, could this be the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.