New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is wrong with me???:banghead: My first engine threw a rod at 21717kms and now my second motor has 15365kms on it and has the same ticking noise my first one had about 45 mins before it blew. When i heard the noise i parked my car. Just wondering maybe someone can tell me WTF is wrong with me.:banghead: I don't drive my car hard at all but???? This is really makin me want to trade this POS in for a BMW. I may just have to. I might get a decent dollar for the coug cause it is gonna have another new mill.LOL As for mods i have a dynomax trubendz exhaust and thats it. (performance wise) I also have a feeling my dealer is not gonna want to swap another motor for me. Kinda nervous.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course i check the oil level. I'm still running on regular 5w20 right now. I was just about to switch to full synthetic mobil 1. My first motor was run on full synthetic mobil 1 from about 10000 to when it died at 21000. So it's not an oil prob i don't think. Both times it was diff oil. Oh ya and it gets changed every 3months or 5000 kms. To the t.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
sounds like they may have sold you a bad motor. was the motor used or new?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a brand new warranty motor. I have a 2002 with 37082 KMS on it. I guess it still at least covered under warranty. Maybe i should just swap it for a 3l LOL

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
well when they replace this one, make sure that they replace the oil pan with the new baffled one.
and replace the crank dampener with the new DMD.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
oh wow...I have the same ticking noise too...:ugh:

and my engine's already been replaced twice (60,000mi, 73,000 mi)

and there's this sweet black 3000GT at my school with a 'for sale' sign that's looking better and better every time I see it...
limo tint, 18" Giovannas, dead sexy exhaust growl...mmm....

btw, as long as your engine's under warranty, they kinda have to replace it for free should it konk out on you again

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have the part#'s for the dmd and the baffled pan. So that i can just give them part #'s instead of explaining it to them. Think they will put them on though? I was told they have to replace it to factory specs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts