New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes, I would like to know if any one have tried to install a second battery beneath the factory one, it seems there is plenty of space and all.
Just wonder if any one done that before or if anyone have any pics of such.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
best place for a second battery is the trunk, counter weight the front, but as for one on top of the other- never heard or seen of one set up like that.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: blast
Here goes, I would like to know if any one have tried to install a second battery beneath the factory one, it seems there is plenty of space and all.
Just wonder if any one done that before or if anyone have any pics of such.
Thanks in advance.
I've got a 2001, and there is absolutely no room under the battery at all... what year are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
theres no room cuz you have an ATX......MTX's have all sorts of room under there

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a plain 2002 coug with a mtx tranny, I know there is a room and I will attempt to do that this weekend and if I will succeed I will post the results some time next week.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
There's plenty of room, you'll just have to make a braket to hold things together and replace that stock battery tray. Of course I prefer to use the room for a supercharger, but that's just me ;)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
What kind of batteries will you be using? Only thing is the weight addition to one side, you would be suprised how added weight to a point will change the cars stability....but I know we dont have F1 cars...so whatever works for ya!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is what i need to install in to the coug, 4 Lightning Audio lcb batteries. and a High output Alternator
By the way here is a pic of the battery.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh I am gonna move the windshield plastic container somewhere else in order to compensate for weight, meaning the other two batteries are going to be on the right hand corner of the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an idea. Why dont you make a bracket and mount them under the car on their sides. Cause I know those batteries are kind of small and why do you need four of them? If you buy an optima blue top deep cell it would do just fine I bet. Or heres another idea why dont you remove the spare tire and hide them in there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
123 your idea sounds great "make a bracket and mount them under the car on their sides" I know the blue top would be just as good, but I have these from my previous install and not ready to buy new ones just yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well if you need anymore ideas just pm me im full of them cause I used to install stereos and build custom stuff for people

1 - 13 of 13 Posts